? 12/4 Kitten AMPS/338 +11/295 PMPS/261 +4/274 Canadian wet food question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KittenTheCat, Dec 4, 2020.

1. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Last post. Kittens having a bouncy day. I’m going to increase her back to 2.0 units tomorrow as she had a few reductions right in and freaky ones cause they were on the AT2 meter! We will see how that goes, fingers crossed she’ll get back to surfing :D

Call out to Canadians and more specifically Ontarian's, what wet food do you use? I’ve been using the PC wet food (if you want info on the carbs check out my spreadsheet) and there seems to be some type of shortage!!:nailbiting: About a month ago, No frills had them on sale for 50 cents and since then they haven’t been in stock, Loblaws is the same. I lucked out by getting a few cans from shoppers (literally drove to every one in town!). I’m wondering what to use as back up if they don’t get stock soon because my extra supply has dwindled!

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Only PC Chicken/Liver available at my RCSS according to pxexpress.
    This chart is most likely outdated.
    I fed Fancy Feast and Friskies pates. Some of the Wellness Core is low carb, as is Weruva.

KittenTheCat likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

There are quite a few low carb options, some of the Nature's Variety, Rawz, Merrick, though I fed mostly raw with the odd Wellness and Weruva. And now there's Tiki Cat Dark too. You might have to go to a specialty pet food store to get some of them though.

4. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Thanks!! I looked up tiki, merrick and the specialty foods and unfortunately they’re pretty pricey ($2+ a can). Weruva is the cheaper option but still $1.89+. a can. The PC food I’ve been feeding is $0.70 per med size can so it’s definitely affordable. I should have mentioned I was hoping for cheap options (does that even exist in the world of diabetic cats?! o_O) I’m only one salary and 3 animals/mortgage/etc

I know people have mentioned FF and maybe friskies? But I’m not sure what variety as there’s so many types too.

5. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

@Colio feeds Cole FF LC I think. Elizabeth, if I'm right about that, would you mind guiding Elisa as to which varieties are LC? Thanks so much.:bighug:

KittenTheCat likes this.
  6. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

KittenTheCat likes this.
  7. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Thanks Lyla! I’ll do so reading and may reach out for more help :bighug: I’m hoping I don’t have to switch food but this shortage has gone on long enough I need to be prepared!

8. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Thank you!
    Do you know which varieties of FF or friskies? They seem to have so many flavours

9. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

You can find the information here.
    Scroll down to p 14 for Fancy Feast; p 20 for Friskies.
    Fancy Feast and Friskies Pates are called "Classics" in this US chart.

There are too many to list them all. Get a pen and a piece of paper and make a list. Or print off the relevant pages and take them with you to the grocery store.

KittenTheCat likes this.
  10. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

That’s very helpful, thank you!! :bighug:

11. Colio

Colio Member

I've also had trouble finding PC tins at Loblaws and have made the rounds of all the Shoppers Drugs Marts too taking everything I can find. I use the PC turkey but need to rotate and I feed Cole Fancy Feast Classic Pates - Chicken and Liver mainly, sometimes some Seafood Pate and sometimes the Salmon. I believe the Beef and Turkey are also LC. I'm really limited to pates because I have discovered my cats won't eat anything with chunks in it . Hope that helps Elisa :)

KittenTheCat and Butters & Lyla like this.
  12. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Thank you! Yea it’s strange there’s a shortage.. I’m sure COVID is to blame! I always fed the chicken/tuna mix or just plain chicken. The beef is the last option as kitten seems to not like it as much but then I’ll mix in some fish and she’ll eat it. I managed to get medium cans of those today since I have been having a bit of luck finding some stock in some shoppers :oops:. At this point I’be checked every shoppers in town (!!!) and will continue to do so until the grocery stores are properly restocked. I’ll be also getting some Fancy feast classic pates as backup too!
    Fingers crossed the grocery stores get some stock in soon!