12/5 PAX PM+11 393 was sick a lot last night

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pax's Mom, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/12-4-pax-amps-401-so-much-bouncing.222505/#post-2487667

I upped his dose to 2.5 last night and starting at PM+5 he started throwing up white/light pink liquid. This lasted about 30 minutes. This started again around PM+8 and lasted another 30 minutes. He seems fine now but numbers stayed in the mid 300s all night.

Could this be from the increase? The last time he was sick was over a week ago (11/25). Currently he is laying on the floor behind me on his back sleeping, very similarly to his profile photo (his normal position).

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Hey Jennifer, I'm not sure if the increase would have caused vomiting or not, do you think there is a possibility that Pax could have gotten into something else that upset his tummy? do you have any anti nausea supplements, some people use natural slippery elm bark to decrease nausea.

Maybe it would be worth it to call your vet to mention the white / pink liquid to see what they think it is a concern or not

I hope Pax's numbers come down for you soon, and that he feels much better.

3. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

Thank you for your response. He was eating when I left for work and hadn't been sick again for 4 hours. I am at work now and have no way to check on him, so I hope he is okay. I hope the pink was just left over food and not blood, it did look less pink each time he was sick. I do not have any anti nausea supplements, but I will look into that. I do not think he got into anything as I keep my dishes clean, don't leave food out and don't have plants in the house. However, you never know if a bug got in the house that he ate.

AmandaE likes this.
  4. AmandaE

Good point about the food color, Mowgli was vomiting a lot in the beginning of November and it was exactly the color of his food (Friskies) so I haven't fed him Friskies in a while. It could even be something like he's trying to work up a hairball! I'm sure he will be ok while you're away :)

I was thinking of something like a plant... if you dont have any, that gets rid of my suspicion :)

5. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

By the way, Mowgli is adorable :)

AmandaE likes this.
  6. AmandaE

Thanks!!! He’s my soft cutie fluffy butt ;)

Pax's Mom likes this.
  7. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Are you giving B12 mixed his food. It has a pink tint to it.

I hope he is ok. Scary. :bighug:

8. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

No, I do not give him anything other than just the food. I just got home from work and looked around the house and it doesn't look like he got sick at all.
    He was at 81 so a big drop (tested twice to be sure the number was correct)
    He only looks like he has eaten about 2/3rds of his food (about 2 of three cans). However, after I did his sugar poke he decided he was hungry so he is eating right now. I am hoping maybe he just ate a bug or something.

QUESTION - if his number stays around 81 should I still give him 2.5U shot? he went up from 2.25 last night.