134 AMPS??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Whitney and Jonas, Jun 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Guys... what a night lol. I didn’t go to bed until 4:30, then got up at 5:30 to do one last check and Jonas was at 150. I woke up a bit late and his AMPS is 134?? :eek: I know this is a great number but is it normal that he actually came down from his +9?

I think his tummy is a bit overloaded from the gravy lovers I gave him when I was afraid he was dropping too fast, there’s some cat grass spit up on the rug and he sometimes seeks that out if he has a tummyache, but I didn’t see any food with it.

I have fed him breakfast but no shot which I hope I understood correctly from the dosing methods.

thank you all so much for everything you do, I was an absolute wreck last night and I’m so thankful for this place and these people.

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Awwww Whitney:bighug: I cant comment on the dosing but I'm so glad to see these numbers. While of course it makes you nervous from out "here"? we are dancing. Be prepared for a bounce (not that I know it will happen) just covering all "nervous" bases.:p

Note to Jonas...Stop being SO dramatic! :p
    jeanne

3. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

He surely was a drama king last night! I know those numbers are great but boy did they scare me seeing them! He has been very inactive today which is a bit unlike him but I also know he's exhausted. He was perky for his breakfast and baked chicken breasts, and he's been mostly asleep since then.

I will try to keep myself together for a possible bounce... having the ketone meter will help <3 Thank you for helping my poor nerves!! :bighug:

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Next time you get a low preshot, stall for an hour without feeding and see if it's going over 200 before toy decide to shoot or skip. Nice seeing those blues!

5. jt and trouble (GA)

Youre doing fine Whitney. We do what we can with what we has. ;)

6. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Sounds like a plan :) I am looking forward to getting a bit more experience under my belt with when to shoot, when to give extra food, etc. so we can see more of those blues soon!

@jt and trouble (GA) Thank you so much :bighug: There are still so many things I'm nervous and on edge about (like him being so sleepy today, and he hasn't peed yet... he's gotten some good drinks in and played with a toy though!) but I'm trying <3

jt and trouble (GA) and JanetNJ like this.
  7. jt and trouble (GA)

I think with all you have on your plate you are doing a great job. I can totally relate to how you feel. You just keep doing what you are doing. :bighug:;):)

8. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

That means so much to hear, I've struggled so much with beating myself up over the what ifs and the could have beens! I wish I would've known about this place ages ago and we could've been on the right track a lot sooner. I'm already proud of his progress, though <3

I'm gonna go to bed soon with no testing tonight to give us both a break. I backed him off a little bit since he hasn't been nearly as munchy as normal since I kept him up so late and we'll go back to his normal dose in the morning... hopefully that will be alright <3 He did pee so I can calm down about that one now too, lol! All 5 P's are accounted for :)

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  9. jt and trouble (GA)

Ok this is VERY important. Stressing over the could have been's, is a WASTE OF TIME. You cant remove a shot, you cant undo whats done. You CAN however minimize with counter measures and THAT should be your strength. Coming here and asking how to do this is your sword. USE IT.
    We want to help every kitty cat, survive to thrive!;):coffee:

ReneeM787 likes this.
  10. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Gosh I needed to hear that... thank you so much sweetheart <3 I’m trying not to question and over analyze everything. I backed him down to 3U tonight because his lower carb dry came in to replace the higher carb one we usually leave down as we work on that transition and I’m already worried if that was the right decision! I’ll do his ketone check before bed but he’s had a much perkier day after all of his rest yesterday!

attaching a quick picture of Joe with his sister Primrose from earlier today! They had a long snuggle session in the recliner :)

Attached Files:

11. jt and trouble (GA)

Talk about a bonded pair!:bighug:

I think as long as you transition off the dry, this was a good choice. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.