14/01 - Gremlin - AMPS 238, +5 113, PMPS 167, +3 169 (food advice - kind of)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Gremlin (GA), Jan 13, 2021.

1. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

PXL_20210113_202308040.jpg Yesterday
    Still bouncing...
    He was super hungry this morning which is great! Happy and purring. Woke me way too early but what's new!?

Vines to all that need them.

2. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Hopefully he'll have cleared the bounce by PMPS.

3. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

And he finally stopped his bouncing! :cool:

4. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

I've decided to give Grem some more food options. For a few reasons... He gets fussy from time to time and refuses to eat, plus he keeps losing weight and is so skinny even when he eats and eats and eats!

His kidney values have only ever improved after his initial diagnosis 2.5 years ago (he's tested every six months), while I know he's still got kidney disease, I feel restricting his food to two things seems unnecessary at this point. And he's near end of life. He keeps losing weight, he's got cognitive dysfunction, the muscle wastage from arthritis (on top of being a recent tripod) is getting harder on him, and he may have cancer in his mouth.

I gave him some Cats In The Kitchen tonight and he practically inhaled it!! If he can gain some weight (just a little), that would be amazing too!

Any suggestions for low carb, high fat, tasty foods?

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Grem surfs safely tonight. I don't have any suggestions on the food. I hope you find something he likes. :bighug:

6. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Hi Laura, I found that Ruby ADORES Weruva foods. The only ones she doesn't like are the ones with the stringy chicken (Weruva provides photos of the food on their website), otherwise she has never refused any of the others. I have compiled a list of them and a few other foods she's eaten/tried on her SS and arranged them according to fat percentage for you in case you want to take a look or print out, especially the higher fat ones at the end. The Classic patés seem to be among the higher fat ones. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...UiVX87H-YOj5-lZYu3yHgXosQudHNFRKd6T-/pubhtml#

7. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Thank you Carla!

And thank you so much Katherine!!