? 17.04 Chico 106@ AMPS; 94@1

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marina & Chico, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Yesterday PM cycle we had a near miss: Chico measured a 50@2, we decided to honey him up to ensure we don’t have to decrease the dose because of all the blue preshots he is getting and kept the dose. @JanetNJ suggested we reduce, does anybody else think we should have reduced?

We decided to start testing +1 as well since that's where all the action is happening and maybe stop him from dropping too low, to avoid bounces. We are feeding his +1 without testing for a while now.

Thank you all for your opinions and wish you a great and sunny weekend :bighug:

Previous thread

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Since he didn't drop below 50, I would hold the dose.

Good idea. Get some +0.5 and +1.5 as well so you know when he onsets and can feed accordingly. He is still diving at +2 :(

Marina & Chico likes this.
  3. Marina & Chico

thank you, that was our idea as well

we will take +0.5, +1 and +1.5 for a few days just to understand this better. So you think he might be onsetting earlier?

4. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

just my two cents... but i'd hold the dose. He would let you know soon if a reduction is really needed. You guys keep a good eye on him and can interefere if needed.
    Surf safely!

5. Marina & Chico

thank you :) we will wait until he will let us know then

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Ok just keep a careful eye. That 50 made me nervous since you had to steer the number up. chances are good without that steering it would have gone a bit lower. Your call though and you are good about testing frequently.

7. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Looking good, Chico. Keep up the great work, Marina.

8. Marina & Chico

It made us nervous as well, thats why we decided to start testing the +1 as well not to let him drop so quickly. Maybe he would have gone lower but i am afraid if we decreased again his preshots would only get higher.
    Thank you nonetheless for looking out for Chico, he really appreciates it :cat:

9. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Ok just be watchful. :).