? 2/10 Jasper AMPS 311 +2 352 +8 163 +9 96 +9.5 91 PMPS 99 +1 89 +1.5 88 +2 82

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rachel and Jasper, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom I upped Jasper's dose this morning from 1.75 units to 2 units. I just did a +1 to see how tonight is going and he has dropped a bit from PMPS to +1 how should I proceed for the night? I gave some low carb as usual but should I be working on bringing his numbers up with higher carb food or should I just get a +2 or maybe +1.5?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would start with a +1.5 (after LC) and based on it, see what you need to feed next. The problem with feeding higher carb food (if not needed), is that you have to wait a couple hours for it to clear out of his system to see if it's safe to go to bed. He does look like he's clearing a bounce, so it could be an active cycle, so that's why I wouldn't wait until +2 in case you do need to give higher carbs.

Small favour, could you update the spreadsheet too?

Rachel and Jasper likes this.
  3. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Wendy&Neko ok thats what I will do. I'll get a +1.5 in about 5 minutes and check back for advise then if that's ok? I wondered if it may be an active cycle too. I am still figuring it all out but that's why I thought I had better check at +1.

Sorry I fully meant to update the spreadsheet already. I put it all down in a book because I like having it written down too but then I enter it into the spreadsheet once a day.

Update: his 1.5 was 88 so just giving a bit more low carb at this point. i will check back in half an hour with a +2 to see what you think.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Btw, do you know what is supposed to be in the PMPS cell for 2/5? One digit seems to be missing :)

5. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom well it was supposed to say 295 so I am not sure what I did there

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nice to see him flat so far, but might still have to onset. I'm not up much longer, but the late night crew will be.

7. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Wendy&Neko what does that mean I might have to onset? Sorry I still don't know all the lingo. I was wondering if tonight I might have to set an alarm at like +8 or something to check on him. Thanks for the help tonight.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  8. Bandit's Mom

What Wendy means is that the shot might not have started acting by +1.5. Onset is when insulin starts acting. So it's possible that he is dropping even before the current shot has started acting. Typically Lantus onset is at +2 but it can be earlier (or later) for some cats. Let's see the +2.

9. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom oh ok I see, I am just taking a +2 now. His +2 is 82, should I stay up for a +2.5 or +3 or even set an alarm for later in the cycle given todays drop?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Bandit's Mom

He is pretty flat. Feed him some LC. Can you stay up another 30 mins and test/feed him?

11. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom ok I just gave a bit more lc, I can stay up another 30 minutes to test and feed.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  12. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom +2 was 81 is it safe to go to sleep for the night? I left out some lc.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  13. Bandit's Mom

Yes. Nice and flat! Sorry for the delay in responding.

14. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  15. La-La Leo

La-La Leo Well-Known Member

I do the same thing.