2/12 Zoot! AMPS=158; +6=166; PMPS=194; +1=111; +2=78; +3=67; +4=68; +5.5=90

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cinnie Cole, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

You are holding the 1.25U dose for 10 cycles from the one in which you first saw greens in that dose? Is that how it works?

3. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

I am holding the dose because I not sure what to do. :)

4. Bandit's Mom

yeah, i know what you mean. while the protocols are clear on when to increase and decrease, i'm not yet sure on how long to hold when you start seeing blues and greens.

5. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Sorry - I am working so I can't focus. I think I could increase today to 1.5 - I don't think the greens have any impact - cause they are still under 200. Maybe @carfurby or @Wendy&Neko http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/members/sienne-and-gabby-ga.95/) can respond. I didn't increase this AM, so maybe tonight or tomorrow. I have a hard time understanding the protocols. I wish there was a Q&A somewhere that I could refer to.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  6. Bandit's Mom

sorry! am trying to figure stuff out by looking at what others are doing and learning from them. didn't mean to pressurize you in any way about not increasing. i hope it didn't come across that way!

7. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Not at all. Busy day at work, so I am struggling with priorities. At least I am not bored.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Zoot stayed safe last night. I think the TR protocol says to hold the dose for 10 cycles from the first time you see green on a dose. You're on cycle 5 after seeing green.

9. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

thank you thank you - I will see if I can find that in the protocol (since now I know what I am looking for, I think).

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Here is the part of the Sticky Note for increasing if following TR:
    You saw greens on this dose, but you also saw green on 1.0 units, so the Zoot! is not "starting to see nadirs under 100". So that second bullet point dose not apply. When you do see green, we suggest holding the dose for 10 cycles. Today is cycle 11. So you can increase anytime. The only thing to consider is if Zoot! is bouncing, and when he might break that bounce. If you increase on a bounce breaking cycle, you can get an exciting cycle. The bounce breaking usually has some downward momentum by itself, adding extra juice to that makes it even more so. It doesn't look like he's breaking a bounce on this cycle. However, he is climbing a little. Sometimes do what we call "the high before the low", where they climb up before dropping. If Zoot! numbers are higher still at PMPS, I'd hold off the increase until a later cycle, just in case he is signalling some action.

Cinnie Cole likes this.
  11. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Thanks. I will try to get some tests in tonight to see where he might be heading! then we will see about the increase.

12. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Yep he is higher. Will see what happens tonight and maybe tomorrow AM.

13. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Nice looking blues for Zoot! Keep up the good work :)

Cinnie Cole likes this.
  14. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

So PMPS=194, then +1=111. Maybe coming off the bounce? I will test again in an hour to see where he is going. Does that make sense?

15. Wendy&Neko

Sounds good. Paws crossed for a nice surf.

16. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Fed him a bit more after his 78 at +2. Will test again in an hour

17. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

@Wendy&Neko Okay 67 at +3 - do I keep giving him food, or just watch? Is there any action I need to take at this point?

18. Bandit's Mom

i guess he is heading downwards faster due to the momentum of the bounce breaking. on Feb 9th you had a similar cycle and he started heading up from +4
    maybe wait till +4 to feed? you have some cushion till 50.

19. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

thanks for responding - I know it is getting late. I will test him at +4 and hoping that he does start to rise; if not, it will be a long night. Fingers crossed (are you listening, Zoot!?).

20. Bandit's Mom

have to warn you that i know about as much as you do! :)
    even if he does rise a bit, you may need to test again. the rise could be a short term reaction to the food and he could head down again.

ETA: if you note down on your SS what you fed when he goes low like this, it would be useful info for you to refer in future. would give you data on how he reacts to food.

21. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

It is always Weruva Splash Dance or Pawl lickin Chicken. We feed him small amounts often throughout the day and what I am feeding tonight is only a little more than his normal intake. I read somewhere that small amounts really don't have an effect on the numbers, so I don't think the numbers will go down more. I need to give him a break, ear-wise. He is very patient but is getting upset with me now. I can try to stay up a bit longer.

22. Bandit's Mom

i know what you mean. and he does seem to have reversed the fall from +4 on 2 occasions in the near past. if you think you cannot test him anymore, maybe give him a bit more LC food and hit the sack?

again, i am not experienced with low numbers (or anything else for that matter!). hopefully someone with more experience will come along!

23. Wendy&Neko

Sorry, was at a board meeting tonight. Feeding a tsp or two of LC every hour would have been good, to help keep him surfing. Looks like he finally let you sleep, and told you to hang onto the dose a bit longer.

24. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

member: 28500"]
    OMG people have lives! Thanks - I actually was feeding him small amounts after each test, so I am glad you confirm that is okay.

In reality, I can figure stuff out, but I digest information slowly and don't want to make a crucial mistake. I just have to keep reading the notes, looking at SSs and telling myself "test and feed and watch and try not to freak out".