2/15/21 - Squeaky! - AMPS=139 +6.5=90 !!! PMPS = 307

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan D & Squeaky, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-14-21-squeaky-amps-239.243123/#navigation

What did the cat say when he lost all his money? I’m paw!

HAHA

So I increased Squeaky's buprenorphine yesterday, he really perked up and today his numbers are down. This has happened before.

Could it be that each reduction causes his pancreatitis to flare up, I give some extra buprenorphine, then it heals and he goes low and gets another reduction? This is what it is looking like...... any thoughts?

I hope you all have a warm happy day! With greens and blues of course.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad the bupe is helping. I think pancreatitis can flare up and then settle down and affect his numbers.

Jan D & Squeaky likes this.
  3. Jan D & Squeaky

+6.5 = 90!!!! Does that earn a reduction? (Or do I have to keep poking his ears to get 1 point lower.......) :D

4. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hold the dose until < 90. I would feed a snack if you can.

Also, I believe that even on SLGS, two preshots and at least one other test per cycle is the best way to keep Squeaky safe.

Nice cycle :cat:

5. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks for your helpful reply. Okay, no decrease.

Sounds reasonable but, alas, this is not for Squeaky. He's going to have as few ear pricks as possible. Besides the PS ones, the only pricks will be if I think he's going down enough that he might be lower than 90. He tolerates everything I do to him, but he gets neurotic if I do too much.

About snacks, he eats whenever he wants, because he's had GI issues and needs small frequent meals... so I let him eat what and when he wants except 2 hours PS, that is fasting. I think, he is reasonable at managing himself.

One of my friends had a cat that became diabetic. She got one BG test per month at the vets. Guess what. The diabetes went into remission. So as imperfect as what I am doing with Squeaky is, it can't be totally bad. I have to cut him, and me, some slack!!!!!

Sending hugs and many thanks :bighug: for sticking things out with us, as imperfectly as I am doing this. He is getting better, and I am getting some much needed sleep.

6. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear squeaky is doing well :bighug:

I think we are all just looking out for safety of kitties - I'm also glad your friend's kitty went into remission but tbh there was a whole lot of luck there too. Have you seen Oliver's SS? Prior to posting here, his mama was following the vet advice, increased based on a BG reading at the vet 01/22, and then had a symptomatic hypo on 01/30. His caregivers just happened to start home testing around the same time (and saved his life because of it!). Here's his SS - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...mWq-niJyfTd030_bh2xLOMA0GAk3GgwWzjpzk/pubhtml

A lot of us have our shot time where we can get a "before bed test" at +2 - so we aren't losing sleep on getting that PM cycle test.

Hope that helps and hope squeaky stays safe :bighug:

7. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks so much for your message and for caring!!!! My life is a bit of a mess, and I just do the best I can. I had to turn this one over to God because I can't regulate my life enough to be the greatest cat mom. But I try to judge when his numbers are high enough, and I don't have to test. When his numbers get lower, then I test more. It's all so complicated. I tell myself, when it's his time, he'll go. One way or another.

Sigh, I can't regulate my sleep time every night well enough..... it's just messy over here. I do the best I can. Thanks and keep bugging me, maybe I'll catch on eventually....... :bighug::bighug::bighug: