2/16 Squeaks; AMPS 146

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sugarkitty15, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

Hi all,

I'm hoping I can get some insight on Squeaks' numbers. So last night, his PMPS was 98, I did a +2 and he was 58. That is the lowest I've ever seen for him! I was a little worried I may not be able to get up in the middle of the night to check him so I gave him a higher carb food of 8% for his bedtime meal and his 2am meal. I was able to get a +7 for him earlier this morning, which showed him at 125--which is not what I was expecting at all. Now he's up for 146 for AMPS. Do you think that he bounced last night or was it the food? I'm just trying to get a better grasp on this all! :eek:

Previous post for continuity.
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...-shoot-question-answered.243029/#post-2739834

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

The food brought him up last night and giving more carbs was the right thing to do so you could sleep. I would have gotten a +3 or +4 to make sure he didn’t drop under 50 though. I think there’s a little bounce happening now and he could have gone lower but came back up.

3. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

Ok sounds good! I'll remember the food and the +3 or +4 for next time we encounter that situation. Thanks @tiffmaxee :)

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Whenever the +2 is lower than the preshot for many cat it’s a sign that it will be an active cycle. Testing and feeding a little lc then might have brought him up enough. If not you might have been able to leave out mc. It’s a experiment right now to figure it out.

5. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

Ok perfect, I like having a few options to try to for him until we find what works best!