2/18/21 - Squeaky! AMPS = 242 PMPS = 272

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan D & Squeaky, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-15-21-squeaky-amps-139-6-5-90-pmps-307.243171/#navigation

Hi I missed a few days but just one joke!

Why are cats better than babies? Because you only have to change a litter box once a day.

My question is it's been about 11 days on the current dose. His numbers went way low, to 90 but I didn't catch a below 90 and was advised not to decrease. So.... are things going as planned and should the current dose stay the same? Thanks to those who are knowledgeable and can figure these things out.

Hoping everyone is well, happy, and getting lots of purrs from their kitties!

carfurby (GA) and JOJI and Kit like this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Jan! Yes, you hold the dose. Reductions are earned when the BG drops below 90 and it is caught! :D

Looks like the furshot yesterday has Squeaky in higher numbers....

Jan D & Squeaky likes this.
  3. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks Bhooma, but we do not need to increase? Except for that little dip that took him down to 90 (but not lower), his numbers have been rather yellow and purple lately. So okay to stay the same?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  4. Bandit's Mom

Hi Jan, I presume the numbers are higher because of the furshot in the AM of 2/17. Give it 6 cycles from then for the depot to rebuild and then take a call.

5. Jan D & Squeaky

Okay that makes sense. I'll check back again. Thanks much and have a great day!!!!! Bandit too!!! It's so clear from your new photo why you call him Bandit, what a perfect name. :cat:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree on holding the dose and giving him time to get back on track after the fur shot. The cycle count starts over with a fur shot.

7. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks Carla, I appreciate your wisdom and experience. I hope Furball is doing well. Cheers!

8. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

FWIW, I've seen @Marje and Gracie say restarting cycle counts only applies to TR (not SLGS) - see this explanation linked here. My two cents is the explanation applies here too because the fur shot was on cycle 20 of the current dose. Maybe she can stop by and glance at your SS?

Jan D & Squeaky and Bandit's Mom like this.
  9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Susanne is correct. Cycle count doesn’t start over with SLGS. That’s a feature of TR because it’s more aggressive and doses aren’t held nearly as long to begin with.

Jan D & Squeaky and Bandit's Mom like this.
  10. Bandit's Mom

Hi Marje, in this specific case, since Squeaky was seeing nadirs in the 90s on this dose, his numbers are higher on account of the furshot, right? So she would need to hold the dose till the depot rebuilds to take a call about whether a dose increase is required? Not increase based on the higher numbers since the furshot?

@JaxBenji Thanks for that info on cycle counting and SLGS. I didn't know that. I saw that now in your "library" of saved posts and stickies. :D

Jan D & Squeaky and JaxBenji like this.
  11. Jan D & Squeaky

Okay I'm a little slow minded these days. I clicked the explanation link, and it says in SLGS doses are held for a week. However for educational purposes (it's a moot point now because of his numbers last night). Even with the fur shot, Squeaky had been on the same dose for 10 days. The explanation says the dose is held for a week, even if the dose is skipped. So should the dose have been have been changed, moved upwards, after a week? Or stay the same? Even though he was in the 90s for a while? I'm just not clear. Thanks.

12. Bandit's Mom

Hi Jan, with nadirs in the 90s and following SLGS, you would hold the dose. Similarly for TR, with nadirs in the 50s you would hold the dose. The protocols simply stipulate the minimum number of days a dose should be held before an increase is contemplated (provided the numbers show that an increase is required) and if a reduction is not earned during that time.

13. Jan D & Squeaky

Okay, thanks Bhooma. I do not know how to evaluate whether or not an increase is required. Nobody helped me at one week, so I started asking at 10 days, do we need to change the dose? How do I know if I need to increase? Maybe if he is getting reds and blacks?