2/18 - Wally update: AMPS=249, +2=337,+5.25=226,PMPS=248,+2=287

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ginger Cat, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Ginger Cat

Ginger Cat Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice blues yesterday. I hope Wally slides down and surfs today.

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Wally and Luci had a similar day... no interest in coming down to the beach today.

Perhaps tomorrow? You may want to go ahead and increase, since you're on TR you could increase since you're not seeing any greens yet.

4. Ginger Cat

Every time I go back up to 2 units, he hypos so I hesitate to increase.

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

One thing I'd recommend is to get a human meter - since all of the dosing methods are written using human meters. That might be more helpful to you as you navigate the reading materials posted here (the yellow tabbed stickies) and how to better handle the ups and downs of this dance.

The second thing I'd recommend is to try to steer him with food. When you increase, test frequently and anytime you see a dramatic change in the numbers - like a significant drop - you'll want to feed him...low carb at first, then test to see if the food is helping him maintain the current number...if not, you may want to add a teaspoon of medium carb to the food...test again to see if the food is either maintaining him or perhaps pushed that number up a tad.

That's the only way to keep him out of those too low numbers, where once he goes below 50 (for TR on a human meter) that he then loses what could have been an effective dose. He'll let you know if after feeding/steering if he is still getting too much insulin for that particular occasion...

I think you've held this dose long enough and it would be good to try increasing again - and be sure to feed him each time you test - just a little bit - to see if you can hold him steady.

Best of luck to you :)

6. Ginger Cat

I do feed him a little bit of FF/Friskies after every test, except if it's late in the cycle as I don't want his PMPS too influenced. I have a Relion meter and am waiting to get the control solution to set it up.