2/19 Lucy THREE YEARS OTJ!!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Libby and Lucy, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Lucy is 3 years OTJ this week!!!

What a ride we had. I thought I would link a few of our last condos here so you can get a sense of what we went through. I really wish I had bookmarked more condos, or that the old board was more searchable, so I could show you some of the really long nights. Lucy was not one of those cats who went OTJ easily. She definitely did it with flair. :lol:

Most of you don’t know Lucy’s whole story, and I encourage you to read her profile in my signature. She found me just before she got sick. After I adopted her, she cleaned out my bank account in record time! At one point she was under 6 pounds, pretty much unconscious, incontinent (and the urine was basically pure blood). They couldn’t keep her temperature up. The ER vet actually told me I was wasting my money and his time by trying to keep her alive. I told him it was my money and I didn’t think she was ready to quit yet, so he needed to do his job (then I went out to my car and sat there crying for at least an hour). 24 hours later she purred! The next day I transferred her back to the regular vet, and she tried to jump off the table and run away. Her legs didn’t work, but she tried. Another 48 hours and she was home. Needless to say, Lucy is a very, very special girl. :smile:

The journey up the dosing ladder was long, and the journey down was sleepless. :lol: Her favorite thing was to wait until midnight or 1am and throw a number in the 30s. Then when I thought she was finally heading up, Jojo would say, “um, how about one more test?” and sure enough, down she went (stupid crystal ball!). I remember Christmas week – I had a house full of guests and one person was sleeping in the living room. I had a very open floorplan so the only place I could be without waking anyone else up was in my bedroom. Food, treats, cats, laptop, and pokey supplies sat on my bed trying to stay awake because Lucy wouldn’t stay out of the 30s. It’s not easy to stay awake all night (lots of alarms set) while sitting on the bed being quiet while others are sound asleep all over the house… Jill and Jojo were sitting awake with me, and I remember Jill checking in from the laptop on her kitchen counter while she was making Christmas dinner for her guests. I was so touched by that, and I still am overwhelmed when I think about how much EVERYONE cares about Lucy. Now that I have sat up with other people, I think the real reason they stayed with me was that they were nervous about the numbers… :lol: But we made it!

Lucy is doing great now, running in the 60s whenever I test. She is still her silly self and is becoming very affectionate. As much as she hated having the foster cats here, I think she must have watched them sitting on my lap and decided that was a good idea! Ever since the fosters left, Lucy has become my lap cat. Lucy doesn’t like fostering at all, so I’m taking a break from that for a little while. The civvies, Sammy and Mickey, are ok with her, and she tolerated Jazzy pretty well, but the last fosters were too much for her.

She has a dental in a couple of weeks, and of course I’m a nervous mama especially after losing Jazzy under anesthesia. :sad: I keep telling myself that is rare and it will not happen to me more than once, and Lucy has had dentals before and been fine. I know she will be fine, and I’ll be ok too, but it’s hard to push those thoughts aside. Can’t wait until it’s over.

Enjoy the last few condos of our journey! Unfortunately Photobucket made some changes and the old OTJ parties were lost, as well as the Thank You video I made for Lucy. The sentiments are there, though, and the support of LL means everything to me.

Party On!!!

Lucy 2/20/09 (Team J threatens an intervention)
    Lucy 2/21/09 (Pelusa steals the insulin!)
    Lucy 2/22/09 (ok, ok, I give in!)
    Lucy 2/23/09 (hey this is working!)

LUCY'S OTJ PARTY!!!

2. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Wow, that is an amazing story. Lucy is quite the kitty and you are quite the bean. Happy Annifursary, Lucy and Libby!
    Liz

3. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

drinking24 drinking24 drinking24
    Here's to many many more anniversaries!
    Congratulations Pretty Pretty Lucy ! ! !

(read the posts from the archives - what a great stroll down memory lane :D )

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

party_cat (((((LUCY & LIBBY))))) party_cat
    CONGRATULATIONS ON 3 WONDERFUL YEARS OTJ!!!

drinking24 CHEERS TO YOU BOTH!! GREAT JOB YOU TWO!!!!
    What a wonderful post Libby! I am thrilled for you guys....and happy that Lucy has a place of honor on your lap nowadays! You both have been through so much over the years....and you both deserve all the very BEST of everything! So great to read that Lucy is doing so well...hope you are well too...
    Sending hugs to you both! We are cheering your success! We three would also like to thank you for all that you have done for us and for everyone here....we all love you guys!!! :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

5. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow! What a story with Lucy. I will go back later and read more of her history. She sure is a miracle kitty and had to sense how much you loved her and gave her a reason to fight.

Congratulations to Lucy on three years OTJ!!

6. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

Congratulations on 3years OTJ, Lucy and Libby!!!! :)

7. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

HAPPY HAPPY 3RD ANNIFURSARY TO OUR DEAR LIBBY AND LUCY!!
    REMEMBERING THOSE TIMES BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES, READING WHAT YOU WENT THROUGH, AND WHERE YOU ARE NOW!!

You and Lucy were an inspiration to me, her going OTJ after 18 months...Lantus Land was different then, but the love & caring is still here...The nights spent helping someone, the joys & sorrows..
    Libby, you are Lucy are such a big part of all this..You have helped us all along the way--
    Wishing you & yours, Happiness & Health, and of course Blessings.
    Hugs & Love Always from us!

8. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

aw, that was so much fun to read through those condos. too bad the video wasn't there - i'd have liked to have seen it. but what a wonderful celebration!

3 years! that's just super, libby! what an inspiration. celebrating Lucy's Success!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

thanks for all you have done to pass it on and teach all of us who came after you. i'm so grateful!

9. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

That is an amazing story. Lucy is one very lucky kitty to have found a furever bean like you Libby. Congratulations for three years OTJ and thank you for sharing. I'm on my fourth night in a row of next to no sleep and you have perked me up immensely.

10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    :mrgreen: Happy THREE YEARS OTJ Annifursary, Lucy :mrgreen:

11. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Congratulations Lucy! party_cat
    What a wonderful anniversary to the queen of 'Food Bowl Art!' (For those that don't know about this, ask Libby to show us some examples. I LOVE them!)

I enjoyed reading on the old message board and as Sandy & BK said, it was a fun trip down memory lane.

Although the OTJ video was lost when Photobucket made changes, I did find one piece that Diahann and Noisy did for Lucy.
    I thought it was pretty cool!

[​IMG]

12. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Congratulations on 3 Years! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank you so much for staying with us in LantusLand and paying it forward! drinking24

13. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

CONGRATS LUCY!!!!

dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat flip_cat flip_cat flip_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat​

It is stories like Lucy's that keep the rest of us going, give us hope that maybe... some day.... it will be ours. I like too how we are all so supportive of one another at times when we need it most. Thank you for being there for all us us. I can't think of anyone that isn't more than grateful.

I wish I had a clever photo to post but I don't. I love CD's - how incredibly fun that is. So instead I will wish you a great celebration today, for you and your girl. Enjoy to the fullest!

14. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

Congratulation Lucy - you too Libby. 3 years - what an accomplishment. keep it going.

[​IMG]

Pattie and Harley

15. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

HAPPY THREE YEAR OTJ ANNIFURSARY!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it's been three years for you guys .. so happy for you and lucy! Lucy is so beautiful (would I say anything else? :D ) I hope to see many, many, many more annifursaries for lucy .. you guys both deserve them .. Thank you so much for sticking around, always with an encouraging word to others and helpful advice ... We appreciate it so much!!

ENJOY YOUR DAY BEAUTIFUL GIRL!!!

16. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Congrats on three years OTJ!!! I loved reading beautiful Lucy's story and I actually cried with joy at the condos. I didn't recognize many of the names, but the spirit remains the same. You are a LL legend and now I know why. Thank you for your eye on Weezer. We are in need of legendary help. :D

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

HAPPY, HAPPY 3-YEAR ANNIVERSARY LUCY and LIBBY!!​

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT​
    L U C Y​

Libby, this is so neat! Lucy's story is an inspiration to all of us. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for always being here when we need help and support. Here's to another year of OTJ! drinking24

Ella & Rusty

18. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Lucy's story always chokes me up and at the same time, makes me smile. She is a very special girl.

[​IMG]
    We're all doing a happy dance in honor of Lucy's 3-year anniversary!!!​

19. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Fantastic - absolutely. Way ta' go - may I send Dude to Lucy for awhile for some "lessons in #-dropping?:
    :)

Keep up the good work - it's truly a fantastic story.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

20. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Congratulations Libby & Lucy!!!​

What a wonderful story. You are a great bean and Libby is lucky to have you.

21. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Congratulations to you and to Lucy! What a wonderful story. I remember watching the videos, and I am sorry that they have been lost, but just reading the links you posted here brought so many tears and smiles at "seeing" all of the old-timers there and remembering the good old days. Thank you for still being here on the board, and for posting Lucy's celebration today.

22. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations Lucy and Libby!

23. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

HAPPY 3-YEAR OTJ ANNIVERSARY BEAUTIFUL!

CONGRATULATIONS LIBBY & LUCY!

24. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

HAPPPY 3 Years OTJ ANNIFURSARY LUCY AND LIBBY!!!!!​

That story and those posts always bring tears of joy to my eyes!! What an inspiration and what a great report for Lucy!! She is so gorgeous. Wishing her a long and healthy life at the Falls.

[​IMG]

25. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT [​IMG] :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT​

i still get all teary-eyed and emotional thinking about your journey together... happy tears, of course! oh, what a trip that was!!!
    3 years later and Lucy's still off the juice. how great is that!!!

some kitties go off the juice rather easily, but not lucy! she made you work, and work, and work hard. :roll: on a good night you were able to get a whopping 5 - 6 hours sleep. makes me tired thinking about it! ah, yes... i remember those days.

here's to both of you... wishing you many, many more healthy and happy years ahead! i couldn't be happier for you![​IMG]

26. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

:D :mrgreen: :D :YMHUG: :thumbup flip_cat

27. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Libby & Lucy!!!! :RAHCAT Keep on partyin' on you 2!!! :RAHCAT: :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

28. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

HAPPY 3 YEARS OTJ LUCY!!!

I"ll drink to that!

[​IMG]

Wow I can't believe it has been 3 years already Libby. I know you have had one wild ride with Lucy. She really is a miracle kitty. Did you ever tell that vet how she was doing now? Or maybe you just didn't want to waste your energy.

Lucy's story is truly unbelievable! Congratulations to you both! Wishing you and Lucy many more years.

29. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT HAPPPY 3 Years OTJ ANNIFURSARY LUCY AND LIBBY!!!!! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

What a nice story… It was interesting to see the old board… so you finally let go of the Lantus :lol:

Always nice the see long time OTJs :D Gives us hope for our own furkids!!! cat_pet_icon

Thank You for staying around to help so many of us… :YMHUG:

Many more OTJ ANNIFURSARIES for Lucy… dancing_cat

30. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see you Lucy! Happy 3 year anniversary!

31. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on three years!!! Lucy's story and your condos brought such a smile to my face. Here's to many more OTJ years for you and your special girl!!

32. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

HAPPY HAPPY THREE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've always wanted to post this song for you- and finally found it on youtube :D
    Given your name...i'm sure you've heard it before, but this is my all-time favorite song by my favorite singer...
    Every time I see your name, I think of this song- and since we found LL, it will ever be to us "Libby & Lucy's Song".
    The words and loving emotion are so very fitting...and something tells me Lucy would approve these lyrics :D :D

"LIBBY"- written by Carly Simon for her best friend...who helped her through what she considers the hardest physical and emotional battle of her life.

(sadly, the company that posted the song inserted a three word ad in it twice...but it's the only copy I could find
    and the lyric they ruin is one of the loveliest and descriptive of care-giving...)

" Libby, I hate to see you cry.
    And I want to share it all with you-
    And if it brings us to our knees,
    We'll trade it all in for a Paris Breeze"

With love, from the Idaho Clan

[youtube]XPjcvhp6Mro[/youtube]

33. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

That is so beautiful, Celi.
    You are such a gift. :YMHUG:

34. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS ON 3 YEARS OTJ​

I can read Lucy's story a 100 times and it tears me up every time. Lucy was very lucky to have found somebody as special as you Libby and you were also lucky to have found Lucy.......you both fought so hard. She is such a character.

Thank you for all the help you gave to me for Putty. We are forever grateful!

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

35. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!!

What a beautiful, inspiring story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.