2/2 Marley AMPS 244, +2 251, PMPS 235

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jdubs, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It's good you increased. Btw, the AMPS is entered in the PMPS cell for today :)

3. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

I despair at myself!!

normally I have some coffee before entering the numbers but today I didn’t!!

thank you , will correct it as soon as I am back at the computer.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Being perennially sleep deprived is an integral part of being a sugarcat parent!

5. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

Oh my god I’m glad it’s a thing and not just me. I never used to be like this. Make so many mistakes all round now!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

So I have Sid yes to work on 15th, 16th and 17th. It has got even more scary as I thought it was just the 16th and a travel day either side and I would haveleft after the pm shot on the 15th and got up at 2 am on the 17th to get back for the 17ths morning shot. But since saying yes, I have been informed I need to do a little work prep and wrap, so I def wont ne there for the 15th pm shot, nor the 17th am shot. (And I am not sure yet about 15th am shot or 17th pm shot.....

I have found a lady in the village who had a diabetic cat for a few months. She used pens though as opposed to syringes. I dont really know what that means.

She's not up for it being a regular thing but is prepared to help me for these days.

She is coming for coffee on Saturday for a coffee and to meet Marley and to chat.

I am absolutely terrified.

I hope Marley doesnt feel abandoned.

When he first moved in - the first few times I had to go away for a few days for work , (and my sister who lives opposite would pop into feed him twice a day) he would go into these declines and not eat as if he was having some sort of abandonment trauma restimulated.

I am so worried and wish my first days back weren't so far away.......but its what is on offer and I have to take it, as financially I have to.

I hope you will be able to give me vacation dosing advice for that time?

7. Bandit's Mom

You've got to do what you've got to do. So don't beat yourself over it. You're a great mom and have set you life and career aside for Marley for months. :bighug:

Some people use insulin pens and needles to give pets insulin. Much like you do for humans. Here is a video:

The downside with pens is that they only dispense whole units - so 1U, 2U, 3U etc. Do you have an insulin pen or a vial?

So this lady will come home and give Marley insulin and food twice a day? She will also load the autofeeder with food?
    Will your sister or niece be able to come and check on him?

We can definitely fix a vacation dose for the time you are away. If you are gone Feb 15th -17th, you want to start the vacation dose on the 13th, so let's decide what it will be on the 12th

8. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

Yes I haven't talked her through the feeder yet. I haven't actually met her yet. Hopefully we can have a better chat on Saturday.

. She lost her dad in 2021 and its been a tough year or so, and I'm realising I just dont think its working out. I had a gut feeling at the beginning that it wouldnt but I pushed past it as she is so amazing with animals. She hasnt replied to the last few texts, with me gently asking if she's ready to come back , and hasnt been since before xmas. Her Mum says she's just a teenager and is still keen, but if she wont reply then what can I do? So I think she's not available to help. My sister - might call in on him.....I hope so. She will be working on the the 15th and 16th. What would you be worried about?

Oh that seems a shame to lower his dose for a few days before.

The pen looks amazing!! But like you say you cant do 1/2 and 1/4 doses So people just go between whole doses? That seems nuts to me.

Good to be prepared that the 12th is when we have to do it. Thank you so so much.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

Thank you for the video. I'm quite inspired by the pens!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Bandit's Mom

They can only dispense full units though! And you waste some insulin priming each needle before use.