2/20 George AMBG 95, +6 104, PMBG 108

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hammy, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Hammy

Hammy Member

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

What tests can you get today?

Hope your BIL is okay?

Hammy likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

With a green pre-shot, shooting may require a bit of monitoring and feeding. You can skip the shot if you're not up for that. No harm done. He is seeing good numbers.

Hammy likes this.
  4. Hammy

Hammy Member

It's my husband's younger brother who threaten suicide here in my home last night. Very high stressful situation. He is not doing well and was here until his mom could get here today from MN. (He is 23)
    He held a knife to his throat and was yelling. We talked him down, the girlfriend came and we went to the hospital.
    He does have a girl friend, she has been with him at the hospital all night. I'm so tired. It was so stressful.
    Girlfriend left car window down in her car on my street, but she has the keys with her in the hospital. They've been in the ER all night, and haven't gotten a admitted since it was only a threat. We want him to be admitted though.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  5. Hammy

Hammy Member

In all honesty, I might rather not shoot and try to get tests as often as I can. But knowing I don't have to worry about him dropping low with all this going on.

I'm worried if they let him go, what we need to try to do if he changes his mind about getting help.

6. Hammy

Hammy Member

I would like to just feed him now, go to bed and get a test in a +2? Or +3 or 4

7. Bandit's Mom

Oh man! Sounds like you have too much going on. I don't think you need to add worrying about George's BG to the list. Skip the shot. Like I said, shooting would require close monitoring.

Hammy likes this.
  8. Bandit's Mom

A +3 or +4 would be fine! Get some rest! :)

Hammy likes this.
  9. Hammy

Hammy Member

Thank you so much. I'm kinda in shock.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Heather, I am so sorry to hear all that is going on with your BIL and please know that you all are in my prayers. I understand the situation all too well. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: And PS - George is doing GREAT!!

Hammy likes this.
  11. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your BIL. with the normal AMBG skipping is fine. He’s not coming down after eating so might still need a little insulin to go totally OTJ but let’s see what happens. His pancreas is working to some degree.

Get some rest and I hope your BIL gets the help he needs. How scary.

Hammy and Gill & George like this.
  12. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I look at George's spreadsheet and I'm so relieved you aren't shooting 1.5u anymore. His numbers have been decent with much less insulin and even those skips haven't sent his BG soaring.
    I truly hope your BIL gets admitted into the hospital:bighug:. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Hammy likes this.
  13. Hammy

Hammy Member

Thank you so much. Today has been such a high stressful day. I have barely been home. I tested at almost +6 he was at 108.
    I'm hoping he stays so low. I cannot be up with him. Praying for good numbers, and praying for admission for BIL. He is still waiting in emergency room.

14. tiffmaxee

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Hammy likes this.
  15. tiffmaxee

I don’t think you shot s t would be PMBG instead of PMPS.

Hammy likes this.
  16. Hammy

Hammy Member

I'm sorry what?
    I was at the hospital. I came home and was able to check his BG at 844pm. It was 108. He last ate 1pm (+6). I hope I don't mess up his progress. I didn't make it home and I rather start early enough again than to late. ❤️

17. tiffmaxee

It was fine not to shoot. I was just explaining that if you don’t shoot it’s PMBG instead of PMPS, no shot so it’s not a preshot. You haven’t messed up anything. How’s your BIL?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  18. Hammy

Hammy Member

Thank you. He's here at my house. He's safe. His mom is here and taking him to her house tomorrow. They will travel from Illinois to Minnesota.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  19. Hammy

Hammy Member

I hope I can get up at 630 for am. Thank you for support.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  20. Bandit's Mom

He needs a little insulin but there's no rush to start. You can start on Monday morning. Take the weekend off! :)

tiffmaxee and Hammy like this.
  21. Hammy

Hammy Member

Oh my gosh that would be amazing. Thank you. Thank you, THANK YOU!

22. Bandit's Mom

Get some tests today when you can. Just a couple to see where his BG is.

Hammy and tiffmaxee like this.
  23. tiffmaxee

It looks like he might need a drop of insulin but even that tiny dose requires some monitoring. Let’s see how he does tonight again without. :bighug:

Hammy likes this.