2/22 Darcy PMPS 339, +2 327, +3 310, +4 400 :-(

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Darcy, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

We had a good string of yellows (or very near yellows) last night. +6 and +7 were both 284... where he went after that I have no idea because I went to sleep. It's so nice to actually be excited about testing him today, instead of dreading it because I feel so hopeless. I'll keep updating up until about noon (EST), then I will update in the evening.

yesterday's post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...25-2-303-3-5-299-excited.243495/#post-2746591

JaxBenji likes this.
  2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Nice to see Mr. Darcy's numbers come down with the R yesterday:woot:. Amazing perseverance on your part, Suzanne!
    I hope he comes back down again today.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  3. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

4. Suzanne & Darcy

Good yellow at 268 at (almost +5) now he's pigging out for his second large meal of the day (first one was at AMPS). He's happier today, I can tell. Mama is happier, too. Let's go kick some glucose booty, Darcy!:p

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Progress! :):):) Let's do it again tonight.

6. Suzanne & Darcy

We haven't quite made it into the yellows tonight, he ate at PMPS and then at +3 when he was very hungry. Hopefully, +4 won't be too bad... but he's just finished stuffing himself with food, so who knows.

7. Suzanne & Darcy

I just checked him for a disappointing +4 of 400. He'll probably slide down tonight, but I'm going to bed. Do we go to 20 units tomorrow? No R. I'm really afraid that I'm going to run out of insulin soon. I may have to buy the Lantus locally for almost $300. Once I buy it, I'm going to keep using it for a while. I'm just afraid that if I get an Rx for Lev tomorrow and send it to Mark's that it could take a while to get to me and I'd be without insulin at all.

8. Wendy&Neko

I'd do 21 units L. Looks like he's started a bounce from the yellows.

9. Suzanne & Darcy

Okay. 21 it is. That’s very aggressive.

10. Wendy&Neko

Not really, increases are 10-15% of total dose. This is just a little bit over 10%. And same size increase as last time.

11. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

FWIW, I'm in NC, USA and ordered Mark's (lantus pens) on 02/12 and they are supposed to arrive today (so 11ish days from order date...they already had my Rx on file).

12. Suzanne & Darcy

I'm just fine with it. I feel like I'm never going to get ahead of his growth hormone or his numbers!

13. Suzanne & Darcy

Thanks, that does help!

I think I'm going to have to go ahead and fill this Lantus, get an Rx for Levemir ... send it to Mark's to keep on file, and then order it a little later. Right now, I have quite a few cats to get to the vet for various problems, so I will have to keep using the Lantus for a while after I pay $294 for a vial.