2/22 Squeaks; AMPS 135, +7 89, +11.5 77, PMPS 100-Question about upcoming trip

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sugarkitty15, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

Hello!

So, I have an upcoming overnight trip. I cannot take him with me, or find a cat sitter and have no one close to me that feels comfortable testing and giving insulin. (I know it's scary, I can't be mad at that!) I'll be gone for roughly 20-24 hours, during the time frame of the PM shot and AM shot the next morning. How should I handle this? Should I just skip those two shots and pick it back up with the PM shot? Or should I shoot as soon as I get home (late morning), skip PM shot, then pick back up the next AM shot? I realize this is less than ideal but any helpful guidance would be appreciated!

Previous post for continuity.
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-16-squeaks-amps-146.243212/#post-2742148

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’d do the latter. See what others say.

Sugarkitty15 likes this.
  3. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

That's kind of what I was leaning towards too!

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I had to do an 18 hour once. Wasn’t great but I felt better than 24. Squeak is on such a small dose he might not even notice.

5. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

Well I’m glad I’m not the only one that’s encountered this! I feel terrible but my hands are tied. :( Since he’s on a smaller dose, I was hoping the same!