2/22 - Wally: AMPS=212,+2=406 ,+6.5=291,PMPS=275,+ AT2 and AMPS=306 ,+2=314,+6.5=216,PMPS=162 Relion

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ginger Cat, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Ginger Cat

Ginger Cat Well-Known Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I had to do a double take when I saw this!

3. Ginger Cat

And now, at +2, the numbers have reversed, with the AT2 much higher than the Relion. Maybe the first reading was a bad strip???

4. tiffmaxee

Most likely. That’s why we look for trends rather than one test. I remember getting a Lo early on and how s are’s I was. Fed hc and then did a recheck. I can’t remember what the next reading was but it was a number. After that if a reading seemed off I tested with my other meter.

Why are you using both a human meter and an AT if you don’t mind me asking? I know that you know comparisons are useless.

5. Ginger Cat

i was just continuing to see how the Relion registered so once I start using it, I'll feel more comfortable going forward. So - today's the last day I'll do so many comparisons unless he registers really low on the AT2.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

Seems everybody does that. Lol.

7. Ginger Cat

After looking at the numbers of the AT2 and the Relion and most of you saying you can't compare the numbers, I'm still concerned that if you're basing your dosing decisions on the Relion or other human meter numbers are they really correct? The AT2 has almost always registered higher than the Relion so wouldn't making decisions based on the lower Relion numbers be possibly wrong? I see that at the lower range, the 2 meters are much more in synch. Maybe I'm just over thinking this, but I want to do what is best for my sugar boy.

8. tiffmaxee

Yes. You are over thinking this. Have a look at all the cats that have gone OTJ since this site started.

Ginger Cat likes this.