2/23 Cargo AMPS 273, 353@AM+4.5, 331@AM+7.5PMPS 321, PM+5 264

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mel and Cargo, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Good morning!

I don't have a condo from yesterday since I've been working a long week. And sadly it looks like, as usual, I have screwed Cargo up from not being home or have anyone be able to test. How do you all do this with jobs? But happily I will now be home for a good stretch, my job is encouraging us to take time off to help them through these Corona times so I've taken March off. Hopefully I can get Cargo OTJ by then! For now we're suffering though a big bounce.

Happy surfing kitties!
    Melinda

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Mel
    I don’t think he’s bouncing. I think those higher numbers are because he’s had no insulin for 3 cycles. That’s good you will be home for the month. Just continue with the drop and let’s see where it gets him. Hopefully he will come back down with consistent dosing.
    It will take at least 6 cycles for the depot to fill again and for us to see how this dose is working for him

3. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Thanks, you read my mind with the next question - should I increase the dose. I'm just surprised at how high his numbers are because I had my bf go ahead and shoot at least at the AMs to keep the depot up more than not shooting at all. He had to work yesterday which is why there wasn't an AM shot since there would be no monitoring. But to be so high in to the 300s? Is that normal?

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Every cat is different so it’s hard to say because what is normal in one cat isn’t in another.
    Cargo still needs some insulin so if you are skipping, the BG will go up. If he didn’t need it any more the numbers would stay green when you kept skipping the doses.
    One skip and the depot is still influencing the BG but three skips and the depot is depleted.
    A drop got him down to 90 4 days ago before the skips so we don’t want to increase at the moment. Let’s see how he goes over the next three days. Put on those patience pants. :D

Mel and Cargo likes this.
  5. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

LOL! Thanks Bron! Patience pants on! :kiss:

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I wore out several pairs !

Mel and Cargo likes this.
  7. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member