2/25 Blue AMPS 219

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Patty and Blue GA & Brat, Feb 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Patty and Blue GA & Brat Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-18-blue-74-ambg.243333/

Blue had chemo today. He was better!!! Finally a change in the size of his tumors
    and fluid. I got 2 chemo pills to give him Saturday and Monday and he's scheduled
    next week on Thursday. He seems to feel good. He is boney but he started skinny
    and didn't have much room to lose. I'm hoping if the tumors continue to shrink
    he'll gain some weight. He eats well.

As for his diabetes, he's been all over the place and I only give insulin if he's over
    120. Yesterday he never tested over that. I guess it's the prednisone.

I had my 2nd Covid shot today. Sore arm so far but that's it. Are you going tomorrow
    @tiffmaxee to get yours?

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

That's such good news about Blue! It's much better to give the multiple drugs.

I could have gone tomorrow for the second dose but we decided to go with the easier one that's close. I even could have booked far away for today.;) We decided to go close by where we won't need to drive through and wait in what could be a long line. So weird to have choices. I wish I could have gotten Pfizer though.

Why were you told not to eat a big meal? Do you know people that got sick to their stomach? I hope you continue to feel good.:bighug:

3. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Yes, an old friend from high school posted on Facebook that she had eaten a large meal the evening she got the shot. She started running a fever and throwing up so suggested eating light just in case. I made potato soup and custard.

I'm so excited Blue is doing so well. I've been up at night worrying if I'm doing this just for myself. I don't want him to be sick or in pain. I'm very relieved that something is finally working.

Glad you don't have to go too far for your vaccine
    Do you think the other vaccine is better? What have you heard? My sister's doctor was glad she got Moderna. I guess we have no choice in the matter.

4. tiffmaxee

I’ve read there are fewer side effects with Pfizer and it works slightly better. It works faster by three weeks. You get second dose in 3 weeks and fully works 1 week after second vs 4 weeks and 2 weeks for Moderna. Both are better than J and J though. We had to take what we could get.
    Still good ?

You will know when Blue has had enough and as I was told with my two he won’t make it easy. You will need to make the decision when the time comes. He’s fighting and eating so you have to fight fur him too. That’s how I look at it. :bighug: I’m glad he’s feeling good right now.

5. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Yes, I'm still good. A friend sent me an article about what you can do once you're vaccinated, and it's nothing. Did I tell you that already? LOL, long day.
    I guess piece of mind is worth a lot. I was hoping to be safe going out more but they say restaurants are not good or anything inside. Oh well...

I have come close twice to letting Blue go. I'm happy a chemo is finally working for him.
    I don't want him to have pain and suffer.
    I love my Bluebird. I know you know that.
    It's hard.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

You still good? Blue and the others?

7. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I'm better but still not good. 1:30 this morning I woke up with chills.
    Headache, nausea, vomiting, chills, temp, muscle, and joint pain...OMG day from hell. I was
    just now able to eat a piece of toast so that I could take something for pain. No one got sick like me
    so I hope I didn't scare you. :bighug: You know, I had the same reaction to the flu shot this year. Strange
    isn't it?

Blue and the gang are good. Tara took care of them today. Thank goodness for her.

8. tiffmaxee

Yikes! You had all that from the flu shot? That’s awful! I’m scared.

9. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

This vaccine was worse than flu shot. I did have a horrible reaction for the first time to the flu shot so maybe it's just me. I scheduled 5 people yesterday and I'm the only one sick. One of my sisters got sick last week after the second vaccine. My other sister had her shot today so we will see.
    I hope if you have a reaction it will be mild. I didn't want to scare you. :bighug:

10. tiffmaxee

Maybe I should ask for Pfizer.

11. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

It's not the shot but your immune system. I'm not sure they would have both shots where you signed up, do they?
    Is it today you are going? I should have waited to tell you. I'm better today. Just not all the way back.

12. tiffmaxee

Lol. They do have both but they won’t give different ones. I was kidding. Hope you are better now.

13. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

So much better!!! Good luck. Hope you do not react at all. :bighug:

14. tiffmaxee

So advice. Should I not eat tonight at all?

15. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I’d eat, but just not a big meal like steak etc.
    If you get sick you’ll be glad.

16. tiffmaxee

Thanks for the tips. How’s Blue and the gang today?

17. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Hi Elise. Your vaccine was today wasn’t it?
    Sorry, I’ve lost track of time. I lost yesterday!

I gave Blue a chemo pill today and his second one will be Monday. He doing great. Much better than a few weeks ago. He’s found a new place to sleep to get away from everycat. I’m glad he found it. Everyone decided to sleep in his hospital room so he needed some rest.

18. tiffmaxee

I’m glad all is good. Yes, I got it this afternoon. Almost 4 hours ago so too soon to have symptoms other than sore arm.

19. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I hope you’ll be okay. I’m so much better today. Still running a slight fever and tired but on the mend. Crossing my fingers you won’t get sick!

20. tiffmaxee

Thanks. I’m glad you are better. :bighug:

21. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

22. tiffmaxee

Horrible night. Really bad headache, stomach pains, and chills Couldn’t sleep at all. I waited until 6:00 this morning to take Tylenol but I still have a headache. At least so far I haven’t vomited. I only ate yogurt last night and a few spoonfuls at 6 to take Tylenol. My sister felt the same. Thanks for asking

23. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Oh no. Believe me I hate it for you. I hope it doesn't last. It is horrible. I'm sorry. :bighug: Feel better.

24. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Are you feeling any better? It hits hard!

25. tiffmaxee

Shoot. I just saw your ss. I hope antibiotics help. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

26. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Thanks, I hope so too. We'll see on Thursday.

27. tiffmaxee

Patty, I'm worried. Nothing on your ss. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

28. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Yes, I have been at the ER with my mom. She's home and doing okay.
    Blue is fine. I missed the reading this afternoon but he's 107 this evening.
    Wild day. Sitting with mom back in emergency and another patient was put in the next cubicle. She starts screaming and crying. I won't give all the details but she didn't know she was pregnant. Then she was screaming it was coming out that she was having a miscarriage. The next thing they're telling her is to push. The baby was breach but MOVING. OMG, she was born right there beside the curtain. They rushed the woman somewhere because she was bleeding and had doctors from the neonatal working on the baby. The baby is a premie and they don't know if she'll survive but she was alive!!! The girl did not know she was pregnant. How is that possible? Wild. This all happened in about 30 minutes.
    Wow. I'm exhausted pushing for her.

29. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

What! I was not expecting to read this. Just came lurking to see how Blue is doing:bighug:. I also stalk your spreadsheet and was worried when nothing was on it.

There is actually a TV Show called "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" so, I guess it may be happening with some frequency:confused:. Gosh I hope the mom and baby are okay.
    I hope your mom is okay. I'm so glad you were able to go in with her. We can only do curbside drop off at hospitals right now, and oh boy what a nightmare that is.

30. tiffmaxee

I hope it’s nothing serious with your mom. Wild experience. I’m glad she’s home.

31. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

She had pain in her hip area so bad she couldn't walk. To be safe we called an ambulance for her because she'd have to go up a staircase to get to the car. Good news it's not a blood clot. They said arthritis in her hip much worse and it could also be some neuropathic pain. To the doctor tomorrow for treatment.
    I have heard of women that don't realize they're pregnant but was still shocked. Just being there while someone delivered a breach baby was crazy. It was just a nurse in the ER that delivered her. The doctor from delivery area never made it until it was over. Crazy!

32. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I called ahead and cleared through the hospital going in to be with her. She will be 96 on Tuesday and has hearing and sight issues so I wanted to be her eyes and ears. They were very nice about it.
    I was grateful because I know they aren't allowing anyone to go in except the patient.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    SDAbby, Butters & Lyla and tiffmaxee like this.
  33. tiffmaxee

How are you all doing?:bighug:

34. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Hi Elise.
    We're okay. Mom is still in pain so I've been busy with her today.
    Blue is doing great. Back to normal. I drop him off by 8 on Thursday morning for chemo. I hope his blood work will be ok.
    I haven't seen Mogs around. Is she okay?
    Have you gone out as a vaccinated person yet?

35. tiffmaxee

My two weeks won’t be up until Sunday. I have my first lunch date planned fir next Friday. What about you?

I’m glad all is as good as can be for you and yours. :bighug:

I’ve seen Mogs posting.

36. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

No not really planning on going out a lot, but I sat on the patio of a Mexican restaurant and drank and beer with a friend tonight.
    I'll still be careful. I was planning on having the vaccinated family members over today for mom's 96th birthday but had to cancel.
    She just wasn't feeling well enough but I will try again next week. Sally hasn't seen mom in a year.

I'll try to catch up with Mogs. With everything going on here I'm not online as much. I must just be missing her.

37. tiffmaxee

You don’t need to post but just like to check in every so often.

38. tiffmaxee

Hi Patty. What happened with yiur appointment today? Your ss today doesn’t have any info. I hope all is ok.

39. Butters & Lyla

THinking of you and Blue, Patty:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

40. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Sorry, I was going to enter his BG but got sidetracked. My mom is still in pain so have been helping her today.
    I have some plumbing problems. My hot water heater is toast.
    I didn't get great news on Blue. His white count is high and she attributes this to Leukemia. She said since it's in his bloodstream it's probably in his bones. She gave him chemo but not the chemo pills because she thought he might not be able to handle it. His neutrophils had increased so she thought her be able to handle the IV chemo. I forget the name.
    The good news is he's still eating and drinking and acting fairly normal. He resting more today after treatment. His BG was 248 tonight so higher than he has been. No surprise... I gave him his favorite Meow Mix.
    I hope all is well with you and your family.

41. tiffmaxee

I’m sorry. I’m glad he seems to feel well. Continue to spoil him like you always do. :bighug: I hope your mom starts to feel better too.

42. Butters & Lyla

Sending prayers for all, Patty. I'm sorry you didn't get better news from the vet, but I'm glad Blue is eating and drinking well, and enjoying his Meow Mix! :bighug:

43. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Yikes. I normally only test 3 times a day because he's stayed in a good range. Well today when I tested at 3:30 it read 33 so
    I tested again and it was 32. Needless to say he got syrup along with high carb Friskies indoor. Scary times...

44. Butters & Lyla

Yikes! That must've been a scare:bighug:. How is he doing, Patty? Have you checked him again? I don't see anything since the 32.

45. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Thanks for reminding me. I was settling up with the plumber. Blue is at 68 now.
    You think I should test again in an hour or so?

46. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

He's up to 88 now.

47. tiffmaxee

Yikes. Thank goodness you tested. How’s he tonight? Eating?

48. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

He's doing okay. Sleeping more than normal but he just had chemo. He's still eating like a champ. :cat:

Butters & Lyla and tiffmaxee like this.
  49. Butters & Lyla

Sorry I didn't come back online in the afternoon yesterday. I've been tired and forgetful lately. I'm glad you tested again!

50. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

No worries! Everything ok or just busy? :bighug:

51. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Holy cow what a crazy experience you had in the ER!
    Hope the baby made it :bighug:

Hope Blue is feeling good :bighug:

52. Butters & Lyla

Everything's okay:bighug:. Super busy but managing best as I can.:)

53. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Yes, I'm okay but Blue is running a high fever again tonight. He ran a high fever after another chemo drug he was given.
    I'm giving him some fluids and he's eating tuna&water from Purebites. I'm wiping him down with a cool cloth. He hasn't
    bounced back from his chemo on Thursday. He's been sleeping a good bit.

I don't know if the baby from the ER made it or not. I wish I knew. It breaks my heart to think of that precious life and the
    mom didn't even know she was pregnant.

Lyla, thanks for being around even though I know you're busy. It's good to hear from you. :bighug: I hope Butters is doing
    okay...:cat:

54. tiffmaxee

I hope the fever breaks quickly like it has in the past.

55. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

It's down a little to 103 and I’ll check again at 10:30. I gave him more water and wiped him down.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  56. tiffmaxee

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Is that an expected side effect from this chemo?

57. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I don't know. You remember he ran a fever after another treatment but it was a different drug.

58. tiffmaxee

Guess it is how he responds to chemo. Is he eating ok?

59. tiffmaxee

Do you think he might have an infection and need an antibiotic?

60. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

He has been on antibiotics for 7 days and just finished Friday. Yes, he's still eating.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  61. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I just checked and fever is 103.1 so about the same. I wiped him down again and gave him water.
    He also ate the Purebites tuna and salmon in water. It's the water I wanted to get down him and
    he did not disappoint.
    I'll probably check him again in an hour to make sure the fever is coming down...I hope it does.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  62. tiffmaxee

I hope Blue is back to normal today. :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.