2/25 Cargo AMPS 352, 361@3.5, 375@AM+7, PMPS 353, PM+2 326

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mel and Cargo, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Yesterday

Good morning! So due to this crazy weird spike back up into the solid 300s, Cargo is now going to TR. I'll still give the drop dose this morning, but assuming he's still high, he'll have passed the 3 day point and I'll have to increase him. Per TR with 200-300 nadirs (which the evening ones have been), this would usually mean an increase up to 0.25, but since we're on such small doses, would everyone be ok with me inching it back up to 0.1 first for another 3 days?

Thanks for your input!
    Melinda

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Try to get a ketone test again today. George squats quite low too, I scooch a ladle under him and collect a spoonful of pee for the test
    On your ss you say you are around more, for the next month? is that right?

while you were away did he get given dry or something?
    Hope he hasn't puked much.

I think I would go to 0.25u as long as you are around and can monitor and are going to be around more, he seems to have been trending up on the drop for a while, though with the numerous NS it is difficult to say with certainty.
    But if 0.25 makes you nervous, you could try the 0.1.
    As long as you are getting the tests don't hold onto it for too long if it's not bringing the nadirs into green.

3. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Hi @Gill & George! I will try your idea of having a ladle or something under him to check ketones and will report back. :cat:

Cargo's diet is always about 60% raw and 40% wet canned Merrick. No dry for my guy! But I agree, it's so weird that he's so high all of a sudden. While I was gone for 6 days I still had my bf shooting the drop dose all but one morning - thinking that would keep the insulin depot up more than not shooting at all. But somehow I've really screwed him up and now here we are back in the 300s - where he hasn't been in a year! So you're probably right, I should go ahead with the 0.25 dose to get things controlled faster than having him linger here too long and do damage. :facepalm:
    The good news is that Cargo is such a trooper and is always happy and purring, even now! He hasn't puked today so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Thanks for your response and I hope you're having a great night!

Gill & George likes this.
  4. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Well, haven't seen Cargo head up to the litter box in a while so not sure when I'll be able to get that ketone test. He's super lethargic today. After reading about another cat that might have pancreatitis, I"m starting to wonder about Cargo. He's had several of the typical symptoms - puking more frequently (about every other day), becoming a very picky eater (not eating his whole meal), crazy BG, and lethargy. If tonight's nadir doesn't come down much after going from a drop dose to 0.25, I may call the vet when they open tomorrow.

Trying not to freak out...