2/25 LT AMPS 133 +2 84 +3 77g +4 88 +5 81 PMPS 139

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne Burton, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

2. Suzanne Burton

LT barfed up his meal 45 minutes after eating; no warning with lip licking, just a one time throw up. I gave him famotidine and waited 1/2 hour and fed him again. I turned my back for a moment and one of the other cats was scarfing down the food , so I agave LT more and he kept it down. I have a call into his vet to see what they think about maybe giving him famotidine before we go to bed at night.

At +2, he was already an 84 , so I fed him his next mini meal with a 1/2 tsp MC gravy mixed in.

3. Suzanne Burton

He has kept the rest of his mini meals down and BG is holding.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor LT. I'm glad he kept his food down. I hope he keeps surfing safely today.

Suzanne Burton likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Long term he may be, but he sure only seems to need the tiniest amount of juice...which is a good thing. He may still surprise you one of these days...these kids that walk the line are holding their cards close to the fur-vest ya know? His pancreas is working...just not quite enough to hold it's on all the time...

Hope you are feeling better these days as well!

6. Suzanne Burton

Thanks for checking on us. Yes, he is using just a little bit. The little stinker is keeping us on our toes. I wish I could give him a little food in the night to maybe decrease what I’m thinking is an acid stomach. However, he shares the house with another cat that would also like a little treat. My outside cat sleeps by himself in the utility room at night, and my other house cat roams the house with LT during the night. Maybe my DH could give LT some pure bites when he gets up during the night

I have an appointment with a nephrologist in 7 weeks, so I’ll find out hopefully about my prognosis. Again , thanks Sue for not just thinking about LT, but me also.

Sue and Luci likes this.