2/5 Buddha

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Donna & Buddha, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Well, I'm doing something right today, Buddha's numbers started out high and have been steadily declining all day. Need to make sure that he doesn't go too low. Wonder how I'll do that. Ah, yes, food! But how much, which variety, and when ...

Don't know if you all are familiar with the game Mastermind, but that suddenly popped into my head. That's what this is like, playing Mastermind, not sure how many color pegs are being used and in what order. But I'll just keep rearranging them until I get it right.

And then there's always the perennial question, if he somehow (knock knock knock on wood) stays at a reasonable level and doesn't bounce back up with a vengeance, then how much insulin will keep him low, but not too low, tomorrow.

Should my meter, in fact, be working correctly.

Happy Friday everyone!

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, those are some awesome #s! So glad you are getting good progress. I'd save the HC for #s that are too low - the hypo guide on Health has a nice list of what to worry about when, I've found that helpful. These #s are perfect, and as long as you see a rise by the end of the cycle, you are good to go. This cycle (the 2.0 one) may have a little extra kick to it with the carry-over from the earlier 2.2 cycle, so you may find if you stay with 2.0 that you get a teeny bit less effect over the next cycle or two as the dose steadies out at 2.0. Of course if you get a low PS you may need to lower the dose... you already know that. :)

Mastermind, wow, haven't played that in probably 20 years!!! Fun game, as I remember.

I've sometimes thought of it as holding a cork down in the high seas, and trying to keep the top of the cork exactly balanced with the surface of the water. High seas = all the different factors constantly changing, cork = BG having upward pressure, pressure on the cork to keep it level with the water = insulin shots. Big balancing act to keep the pressure just at the right amount to compensate for the upward force of the cork, vs. the insulin curve & meals, etc. all factored in. Too much pressure and things backfire up in your face (or cork goes too far underwater, even worse!), too little pressure and the cork bobs high. Somehow that image has helped me at times find the doses.

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Donna, Buddha's numbers are looking good. It looks like he's finally getting under your control (are you the mastermind?). :lol: I hope this continues.

I posted on Health about the Contour meter and got a couple of replies. I have a backup Contour that I switched to yesterday, so we'll see if it's any better. I also emailed the company, but haven't heard back. It looks like your meter is working correctly now, or you wouldn't have gotten those consistent good numbers.

Keep up the good work!

4. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Very nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.