2. Java, elder cat

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lois and Java, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Thank you!!
    The above is something I need to understand more. I'm hard-pressed to see patterns in his SS.
    I've gotten so I want to rush to get insulin in him as fast as possible - a reaction to everything in black. I sometimes take 30-45 minutes to figure out a dose, like now! And I feel bad for making him go without insulin for that amount of time.
    I'm going to come back and edit this, but let me go look at it his SS again because, gotta shoot.
    I'm saying yes yes yes agree to everything that you're saying, and I don't understand the flatter response I guess other cats have. So I'm going to go with 1.75.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the one I didn't count for much. Typically after having a lower cycle, a cat on prozinc will have at least one, and sometimes several, cycles where the numbers just don't move much. However, Java responds pretty well most cycles. He's making drops of well over 50% almost every cycle, especially at night. He's had a few slightly flatter cycles during the day, but most of the time he's getting good drops.

Lois and Java likes this.
  3. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

I always shoot him the same way. I grab a little tent of skin that I hold up. Sometimes I'll make a little indentation with finger, the "door" where I'm going to shoot him.
    Put the Needle in, depress the plunger, withdraw, smell fur for Band-Aids, run finger, feel for damp.
    Sometimes he flinches, and sometimes he doesn't flinch. He did not flinch at this PM shot. He did flinch at both of the last two shots, all of which were in my lap instead of on his pillow.
    I'm wondering if it has anything at all to do with this low that he enjoyed today.

4. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

This is what Kris has been saying, I think, focus on the center of the spreadsheet. I need to work on that.
    Thank you.

Djamila likes this.
  5. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I didn't see that you tagged me Friday. I didn't get a notification either. I finally got my emails working again but didn't get one that said I was tagged. I'll to reset that option.

6. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

I think I tagged a bunch of folks hoping for comm, and I got it, but thank you.
    He's at 255! Eating well, acting normal, yay.

StephG likes this.
  7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Suggestion, Lois: this thread is extremely long now. Start a new one? Not bad last night!

8. Djamila

Hooray for the blue tonight! And also that he had a good evening with eating and acting normal. Looks like he had a really good day yesterday!

9. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Lovely numbers last night! Yes, I think it's time for a new thread today.

10. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

It was so hard to wake up to the alarm this morning to take up the food. Just the dry food, I don't keep wet food on the bed at night. I use a Fancy Feast cardboard like a tray. Invited Java to eat before I took the YA and he did. Also hard to wake up for the a.m. PT this morning! He's back up high, 649. Oh well, it's giving me a real boost to know that he's capable of having almost a whole day at low normal numbers. Let's see what today will bring!

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  11. Djamila

Maybe you should switch to a human meter. The numbers look a lot lower on the human meters. Might make you feel better. ;);)

12. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.