20/04 *Gremlin* AMPS 137, +6 139, PMPS 203,+3 176 - Blood test results

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Gremlin (GA), Apr 19, 2021.

1. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

Last condo 15/04

Blood test results:
    Kidney values are up this time. BUN from 8 to 14.2, and crea (I can't remember the last test) is up to 183.

I need to trial a half dose of his Meloxicam this week when I'm he to monitor him. If he repeated it, good. If not, I'm going for quality over quantity and will put it back up, then we'll re-run bloods in a month.

I knew his kidneys had to start going backwards again at some stage but he's looking so unbelievably healthy at the moment it's a bit of a shock. I just got home from work (lunch break) to test and feed him and had to give him a snuggle and may have got a bit teary. As much hard work as he is, he's my baby. He's older than my son!! Crud. Now I'm crying and I have to go back to work...

And my apologies for not having uploaded the promised photos yet. I haven't been on my laptop.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

(((Laura))) ❤️ Just love him as hard as you can. A cat is more than his numbers, right? :bighug:

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  3. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

After doing some research, I believe he's only just in stage 2 and therefore the life expectancy is quite a while yet. Something else will likely take him before kidney disease! My vet had me extra worried.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you have lots more time left with Grem. Just make the most of each moment and gets lots of cuddles. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Sorry for the scare. As they say, "treat the cat... not the numbers." Grem is lucky to have you because you're so smart and always research everything to help him (like a lot of people on this board, I must say). Here's to many more years with Gremlin. He's amazing.

You know, I was just thinking that treat the cat not the numbers is always what we say about CKD cats... but doesn't necessarily work for diabetes when we are talking about BG! I was referring to his kidney values.

7. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member