20/2 Mauer AMPS 229, +3 155, +4 133, +5 112, +6 103, +7 97, +8 95

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SashaV, Feb 20, 2021.

1. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Shelley & Jess likes this.
  2. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Another thing. The past week or so, I've been shooting in her neck.
    I usually do it in the shoulders, am left, pm right.
    Could that mean anything?
    I've always considered it to be the "slow" place to inject, maybe thats not true?

3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

There is no pleasing you! :p

Don't let the yellow pre-shot fool you. She went from 292 to 58 on the 15th. Some cats go high before they go low. So your wish just might be fulfilled! :smuggrin:

Do you mean the scruff? Yes, absorption is supposed to be slower there. But I haven't had that experience when I have shot there on the rare occasion. I usually shoot on Bandit's sides.

Hercule's mum likes this.
  4. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I have! Usually on prozinc if she was lower than usual and I needed sleep, I shot in her scruff. Worked like a charm!

Well, if you're night I got a decent sleep last night :D

5. Bandit's Mom

So why have you changed to shooting in the scruff in the last week? Because of the lower numbers?

6. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

She got lumps in one side, so just to give her a rest.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Hercules and Mauer must have some cosmic connection! Hercules gave me a pink preshot number today and I, like you, was so disapointed! In my case, I am feeling guilty for not shooting last night.... but here is hoping they push each other down during the day to the beautiful blues....

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    SashaV likes this.
  8. Bandit's Mom

He will come down before you know it. That 47 yesterday plus the skip sent him up today, but you did the right thing by skipping. So don't feel guilty. :bighug:
    Using a little higher carb to keep them at a good dose is fine. But when you have prop him up so often with HC, it's time to take the reductions. Otherwise the damn bursts and you have to skip. Second time now! He wants you to accept that he is going down the dosing ladder at some speed :) Tell yourself you will have to skip if you do not! :cat:

9. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

You're right, Karen. They're very similar :D

What do you think, Bhooma? When does the show start today? +2 or +3?
    And how are you getting YA in India?

10. Bandit's Mom

Getting a +2 or +3 should be enough. I think.

I get it shipped from the US. My brats are eating fancy imported $hit while I eat stale bread!

11. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Jesus! Doesn't that cost you a fortune?!
    There's a shop in Singapore who has it, but the shipping to me was ridiculous.

I'm going with the +3 then..

12. Bandit's Mom

Yup. I explored that option too. But it works out to more or less the same for me. And yes, these brats have become too expensive. Bad enough that I took **** from them when they were eating locally available junk cat food!

13. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Why aren't you feeding raw?
    Must be a lot cheaper for you!

14. Bandit's Mom

Bandit refuses to even look at anything but kibble. YA is also low phos and these two are CKD 2nd stage.

155@+3, huh? Has she eaten anything after AMPS?

15. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Oh, then it's worth the trouble! :bighug:

She got a table spoon at +3, nothing else

16. Bandit's Mom

Ok. Let's see where she goes. She's showing none of the drama I expected after taking off the HC food. I'm feeling very WTF!

I think she needs the threat of a dose increase to get her going!

17. Hercule's mum

Ha! Hercs just dived into the blues, and I came here wondering how Mauer was doing! :D

SashaV likes this.
  18. Bandit's Mom

I just saw his SS. I hope you are feeling better about the skipped shot!

19. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

So thinking the HC actually did something good for her? Not that it would make any sense, but with the lacking of food bump too...

20. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

You're in UK right?

21. Hercule's mum

I am.

I don't know if either of you have seen the Mariette/Buddy story? But in one of their conversations I remeber someone saying that sometimes a bit of food in the right spot can actually reduce BG? Does that sounds righ to you Bhooma? The reason I am bringing this up, is because I have noticed that a little bit of food often seem to keep Hercs low, even after +7, and feel like his response to LC and HC are not that different either... so.. this is all to say, Sasha that I wonder if you feed Mauer more frequently (but very small portions) might be worth a try?

22. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I think Herc and Mauer might be diabetes-twins! You're an hour or two ahead of me, but our schedules is similar, and their reactions too. :D:D

Actually, before the switch I fed less. So this is me feeding a heck of a lot :oops:
    But the carbs is puzzling...

23. Bandit's Mom

Feeding at +9/9.5 to lower the PS (especially AMPS which is the last to come down) is tried only on kitties that are close to remission (0.1U/drop doses etc). In other kitties it could cause a loss of duration. But in Hercs' case, where he has a late nadir often at +12 or later, feeding at +9 is needed to prevent the PS from being too low to shoot. Feeding is always a matter of experimenting. Some kitties supposedly do better on higher carb food - LC but higher in carbs than say 0-1%.

Interesting! Give me an example of this? I suspect it has to do with him being overdue for a reduction, but I am curious to know what you mean... :)

24. Hercule's mum

I don't want to highjack Sasha's thread, but in case it is useful...

Yesterday (19/02) he hit 54 at +10, I gave him only LC, and he quite quickly went up to went 76. You might say it was because he was late in the cycle, but he continue to go down until +14 without insulin. On the 10th of Feb I gave him HC @ +8 and did nothing....
    Is just one example... but I do seem to be able to pick him up with LC, and sometimes I give HC because I am panicking and I don't seem to see a significantly higher response....So I have been wondering... I probably need to make more careful annotations to be sure. Also the fact he was giving me such huge food bumps at +2 with just LC made me wonder...

SashaV likes this.
  25. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Hijack away!
    It's interesting! :D

Karen, are you sure you haven't done a Sasha? Fed undercover LC?:cool::D

The HC here didn't do anything significant either, neither did removing it.

26. Hercule's mum

I have wondered sometimes if perhaps the food info is not accurate as we would like... but I only feed him either Feringa (<3%) ot really high (30%) Gourmet gold in gravy. So they should give very different results!
    Now honey... that is the saviour! A little bit and his BG responds quite strongly... Given the low amount I give of honey and the strenght of the response, i wonder sometimes how it all works! and I am a biologist....:oops: What I mean by that is that I do understand that the honey is almost only carbs, but in terms of total amount of sugar, a lick of honey must have less sugar than the 2tbs of 30% carb food :confused: and yes, different times to metabolize... but it doesn't seem to all add up!

27. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

GREEN! :D
    Bhooma, nadir +7!

Karen, are you using the ferringa without veggies in?

28. Bandit's Mom

Too early to call it yet!

29. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Moodkiller! I just got excited I finally saw it :oops::p
    At least she moved out of the bed :D

Shelley & Jess and Deb & Wink like this.
  30. Bandit's Mom

I'm saying she could be lower at +8. And I think we need to think about that dose increase. Increase tomorrow morning?

31. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Wrong way!:arghh::eek::banghead:

If I increase tomorrow morning, I'll see the results tomorrow night? And if I increase tonight, I'll have tomorrow to see how it's going... and not loosing any sleep :oops:
    Not taking depot into account here, just... I don't know..

32. Bandit's Mom

Some cats react to the increase in the first cycle. Which is why we ask people to increase in the AM cycle.

33. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

She didn't last time. I usually won't change anything during the night, but the second shot made a difference

34. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

@Wendy&Neko so I'm thinking of doing that increase tomorrow amps?
    I had hoped this was going in the opposite direction, but I'll push her all the way, if I have to.

Going to sleep now, ill do a +4.

By the way, I tried your late napping last night. I wasn't sleeping, gone for like a second, had the TV running, all the lights turned on and three alarms so I wouldn't miss her PM shot.
    I gave something, cause I woke up at 7 this morning, fresh as a seagull as we say :D

Deb & Wink likes this.
  35. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I didn't expect that :woot:

I'm sticking to the +4, she might do something else I don't see coming :smuggrin:

36. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

And some react in the second cycle (or later). Know thy cat. I never suggest people increase in the AM cycle, but rather than people look at their cat's reactions to previous increases and see what makes sense.

Agreed she could use a nudge with more juice. Make sure you are well rested. :D

Bandit's Mom likes this.