20/4 Monty AMPS = 277, + 4 182, +9 275. PMPS = 322, +5 283

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Monty's mom Fenjah, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Monty's mom Fenjah

Monty's mom Fenjah Member

2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Nice blue today:cool:. I'd get another test in a couple of hours to see if Monty is going down lower this cycle. It will also help to have that info when making a decision on whether to increase or not. Have you read through the Start Low Go Slow dosing method I posted yesterday? Any questions? Thoughts on whether you would like to follow it? If so, would be great if you could do a few extra tests today to get that curve i mentioned yesterday. Today is day seven at .75u, so if you are following SLGS, you would do a curve today and then experienced members here can offer an opinion on whether to increase or not.

@carfurby and @thebigfuzz both do SLGS with their kitties, so if you do have questions about it they are two of the best people to provide answers.:)

Suzanne & Darcy and tiffmaxee like this.
  3. Monty's mom Fenjah

Thank you for being so helpful and kind :)
    I got a +9 and that was high again, still yellow but high. Here at his PMPS it's pink :(
    I think I will have to go up on 1 unit again tomorrow since it's 7 days since I got down on 0.75.

What do you think @carfurby and @thebigfuzz ?
    I am home tomorrow so I can do like a every two hour testing in 18 hours if you think?

4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

It's nice that you got the blue today. Sorry about the pink PMPS number! I hope you can get the Weruva food that Monty will eat. Remember if you are able to transition him off of the dry food that will definitely impact his glucose numbers... they will go lower.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  5. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good job with the blue, Monty. Why don't you do the curve before you make the increase. I'm pretty sure the experienced folks will recommend an increase after they get more data from the curve.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  6. Butters & Lyla

If Monty were my cat, I would increase to 1u tomorrow, but let's see if@Wendy&Neko and/or @tiffmaxee or @Bandit's Mom are around today to let you know what they think.

7. Butters & Lyla

8. Butters & Lyla

Am I naive in thinking someone in the US or Canada can't just send some to you? Are import laws in Denmark an issue or something?
    First and foremost, Monty has to eat. We will work with whatever food he eats as best we can while you work on trying to find him a lower carb, wet food option that he will enjoy.
    Great that you are going to do SLGS. Can you please put SLGS in your signature so we all know that's what you're doing, and there is also a spot to mark it at the top of your spreadsheet, too. That helps us to help you much faster. If you look at most members' signatures, you'll see what I mean. They all have either SLGS or TR in them.

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Normally you'd need to do a curve on day 7, but I think you've gotten enough tests today to count as a curve. Since the majority of the numbers have been above 150 I think you can increase the dose tomorrow.

10. Monty's mom Fenjah

I will make the curve tomorrow then on the 0.75 dose :)
    Then I have it before maybe going up on 1 unit Thursday.

11. Monty's mom Fenjah

What is SLGS or TR?

With the import laws in Denmark it's very difficult to get the food here.
    I have had almost 100 mails from people telling me that they want to ship it to me but the stupid laws makes it very difficult. But I will not give up!

12. Monty's mom Fenjah

Okay then I will do that and at the same time measure every two hours.

13. Butters & Lyla

SLGS = Start Low Go Slow. The dosing method I mentioned to you that you could do with Monty, and you said you liked the sound of it. It talks about it in this post:
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-low-go-slow-slgs-tight-regulation-tr.210110/
    TR is Tight Regulation, a dosing protocol. You can't follow that with Monty being on dry food, so you don't need to worry about it.
    Too bad about the import laws. :( I'm in Canada and could easily have sent some to you through the mail. I wonder if you can get a special dispensation from your customs officials.