21/2 Chico AMPS 196

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marina & Chico, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Marina & Chico likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Can you monitor? Have enough supplies? HC/MC food and test strips?

If yes, you can shoot. You have shot 212 before. 196 is almost the same.

He may very well bounce from those greens he saw yesterday.

Marina & Chico likes this.
  4. Marina & Chico

Yes we have supplies and we can monitor, thank you very much, i am expecting him to bounce as well just wanted to make sure it is safe

thanks again:bighug:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree with @Bandit's Mom. I would shoot as long as you can monitor.

Marina & Chico and Bandit's Mom like this.
  6. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Congrats on your first blue PS.
    Great cycle last night, a lot of time surfing in green, and quite a drop from PMPS
    Looks like he bounced, he's flat and high (Yellow).
    He gave your husband a busy night again!

Bandit's Mom and Marina & Chico like this.
  7. Marina & Chico

He did give my husband a very busy night, poor him but it was a nice cycle and we hope that his bouncing will be much more yellow and much less red in the future as well :)

let’s see what tonight will bring :)

Gill can i ask you a probiotic question? We buy the probiotics in capsules but give him in powder in food. Yesterday a friend brought up an interesting point that probiotics might lose efficiency without the protective cover because they would not reach intestins but be killed by gastric juice. If that would be the case it would explain how come chico didn’t get better with the probiotics. How were you giving probiotics to George?

thanks in advance for your answer

8. Gill & George

they come in a capsule and I give him the powder. I don't think the capsules will last long in the stomach anyway, the ones I use melt in water.
    The Sboullardi is resistant to stomach acid, so that will have no probs.
    The product you are using has enough lactobacillus and sboullardi in it so that enough will pass into the gut. without the capsule

But you got me thinking about the lactobacillus, it appears that taking it at the same time as his AB will reduce the effectiveness of the lactobaccillus so maybe give them 2 hours
    https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/metronidazole-with-probiotic-formula-1617-0-3205-15943.html
    Sort of makes sense since its the AB acts against bacteria (it won't differentiate between the good and the bad)

But the Sboullardi I think can be taken with the AB I remember reading that, perhaps in the foodfurlife site.

ETA looks like you are already giving the lactobacillus 2 hrs after AB

9. Gill & George

10. Marina & Chico

It was a 2 and it’s a 2 now as well.

1 is liquid and 5 firm ... we will give him a few more days after the AB, we finished it in the morning so maybe we will see some improvement after

11. Marina & Chico

Thanks for the information, i was worried we wasted time with that.
    We were giving the lactobacillus always 2 hours after the AB.
    I really hope it will get better in the following days

12. Gill & George

Hi Marina,
    Do you do both the shots? Or do you take it in turns with the shots?

13. Marina & Chico

Usually mornings its me and evenings its him, i fill in the syringes every night though to have them similar

Gill & George likes this.
  14. Gill & George

I was wondering if there might be a difference, so thought I'd ask.
    Good idea for you to fill the syringes, do you fill them in advance?

15. Marina & Chico

I fill them every evening for the next day

16. Gill & George

so tonight you fill two syringes for tomorrow?

17. Marina & Chico

Yes, he checks it before i put it in the fridge and then we have the chance to check it again before shooting... less space for a rushed mistake

It looks like he is still bouncing, yesterdays greens were too much for him. these bouncing cycles are very tricky, they can end in the middle if the cycle and then we are taken by surprise : D

18. Marina & Chico

Until 1,5 weeks ago he was doing all the shots, its since we divided the care for night and mornings we started shooting both

What could we do differently? Are there some typical mistakes?

19. Gill & George

Yes he hasn't been in green for a while and he was there for quite some time and it was a big drop.

Yes they can catch you by surprise. He has been clearing the bounce on the second cycle (so maybe tonight again)
    I was just wondering if you were doing something different, like drawing different doses if you were taking it in turns, thought it was worth checking.

Prefilling syringes with lantus is not recommended.
    https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/diacare/26/9/2665.full.pdf

The insulin degrades once it is out of the vial/pen, I'm not sure if this if this is affecting Chico, but it does niggle me....
    I do think that one of you drawing the dose is a good idea, since that will give you more consistency, and it is good to have a system in place to avoid confusion.

Cats can get into a routine of only having low cycles at night or in the day.... for no reason at all, so maybe I am overthinking this.

20. Marina & Chico

Thanks for the article, they are speaking abt storing prefilled syringes for 2-7 days nonetheless the conclusion does say that no prefilling is recommended; we will start filling them before the shots only, just to avoid possible degradation of the insulin. Thanks for bringing it to our attention

i am thinking abt the possibility that i do smth different from him as well but yesterday at night i gave Chico the shot (and he was all green) and today evening (when chico bounces) my husband did so for now we cant draw the conclusion that we shoot him differently

21. Gill & George

Yes, which is why I don't know if it would make a difference....but thought I would let you have the info so you could decide.
    LOL he is just being a cat then. He is certainly bouncing with that +2, hope he comes gently down from those reds.

I hope Chico's tummy starts feeling better. Today is the last day on the ab??

22. Marina & Chico

Thanks, yes, today in the morning was last AB.