21/4 Mauer AMPS 76, +2 77, +4 70, +5 67, +6 68, +7 85, +8 81 PMPS 130

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SashaV, Apr 21, 2021.

1. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-4-68-5-63-6-65-7-63-8-70-9-59-9-5-76.246368/

Mauer is insisting on being green!
    I reduced her by 0.25U, not because it was earned, she's two drops out, or four days in green to earn it fair and square. But I need it, maybe only temporary depending on how she responds to it. I hope she keeps surfing, and if not I can always go back up. But I'm tired :arghh:

Is it bad I want a boyfriend, only to share the testing?:rolleyes::smuggrin:o_O

Great day everyone :bighug:

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Mauer surfs safely today and you can get a nap in. :bighug:

SashaV likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Looks like a gorgeous green surf.

Here's a recommendation for you to use when you're tired at night (better than a boyfriend who you may not be able to depend on to test at night either- LOL :facepalm::p:D)

When you're too tired to stay up much longer, bring out the medium and or high carb food and load him up. You need to take care of yourself too and getting some sleep when you're exhausted is important.

It's wonderful that you've been testing constantly night and day - but at what cost? If you're bleary-eyed and exhausted sooner or later you're going to make a mistake or have a problem...

So my recommendation - get some rest. Set up an auto-feeder to support him for a few hours while you get some sleep. Bring out the food to pull his numbers up and get some rest. You'll have to test a bit to know which food will provide the best boost and for how long, but typically it lasts for a couple of hours and then they need more. The auto-feeder has been a life-saver to many who have to go to work - can't leave kitty there by themselves all day with no testing and no support - so food is your friend here.

I hope you get some sleep soon :)

4. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Hi Sue! :bighug:

An auto-feeder won't work. She doesn't seek food, it needs to be placed right next to her and follow her when she's moving.
    Last PM cycle was on 17%:rolleyes:
    I'm already using food, but she doesn’t give me nice food bumps. She even had her first green surf ever on Lev on HC without me knowing it :oops:

Which makes me more concerned, food doesn't seem to do what it's supposed to. And my fear is she'll bottom out, and I can't get her up.

I LOVE the progress she's been making! But it's very frustrating that food doesn't do what it's supposed to, and Mauer seems to do her own thing. I don't feel I can trust her, if it makes sense? She was 101, I slept for two hours and found her in the 70's. I don't feel I can feed and leave for two or three hours, and trust she'll stay put. My fear is also that one day I'll make a mistake, and maybe don't even realize it :arghh:

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

What kind of food are you giving for MC and HC? How many carbs?

I wonder if the reason she doesn't eat on her own is because she can't smell it?

Luci often won't eat her food initially -- she prefers to come back to it 'later'...I put it down and leave it. When I check back later it's all gone - I think she likes to show me that she's in charge and isn't going to do anything I want her to do...but that's just her - apparently she gets hungry on her own schedule and does eat - it used to freak me out when she refused to eat at AM and PM test/feed/shot times - but then I learned that the onset of Lantus/Lev took 2-3 hours so I started to relax about the food...she will eat - but Luci marches to the beat of her own drum :)

Suzanne & Darcy and SashaV like this.
  6. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

17, 19 and 21% carbs. All canned.
    Do you only have Luci?
    Mauer eats her meals, or almost inhales it. But her brother is here too, if I don't see her eating, I can't be sure it's Mauer who's eating. None of them will eat canned or raw from their surefeeders :confused:
    I make sure it smells! When I go to bed, I make some canned food, add hot water and some supplements that stinks severely of fish :eek:
    And during the day when I give her a teaspoon of food she eats it right away.

I've been thinking I need some higher carbs, some nasty gravy stuff..
    Honey doesn't work like it's supposed to either. No drops here... I need to drop a teaspoon of honey into her HC before her numbers react to it :nailbiting:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I'm loving this cycle so far!!!
    Surfing like a champ! :cool::p

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  8. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Yes she is! Nice!!

SashaV likes this.
  9. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Last feed +6 was unnecessary :arghh:
    I know that for next time.....

10. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

That's some rad lagoon surfing, Mauer! :D Glad you reduced her dose, Sasha. It seems that she doesn't really need the extra insulin. Fingers and paws crossed that she stays steady.

PS: The boyfriend is a great idea. :) Mine isn't so good with the syringe because he can't see well but he is perfect with the testing because he loves Ruby and thinks of it as good bonding time. ❤️Good investment if you ask me. ;)

SashaV likes this.
  11. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it was the right move too. I'm so jealous of your spreadsheet, Ruby is in NICE numbers, but you don't test every single hour, cause Ruby is awesome at surfing! That's what I want. Not this up and down shenanigans :eek:
    But ill have to wait and see about the depot. Maybe it turns out she need to go back up... time will tell.

Sounds like an awesome investment!
    And the shots is the least thing I mind... easy peasy :D your man sounds awesome! If you ever get tired of him, you know where to ship him! :p:D:D:D lol :p

12. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

I am lucky that Ruby is very stable and rarely ever surprises me anymore <anti-jinx>. I'm keeping DBF for now but I know he would not mind living in Denmark. ;)

Deb & Wink likes this.
  13. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Huge anti-jinx! We don't want to mess anything up!
    Well... ship all of you! Great solution! :p:D:D:D

Deb & Wink and Katherine&Ruby like this.
  14. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

+4 92, 40 points at onset.
    A lot better than yesterday's 67.
    Just fed, next test +6

Sue and Luci likes this.