? 225 at amps kind of nervous to shoot lowest number I've seem at preshot

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Patty & Teal'c, Jan 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

As title says this is the lowest I've seen at amps. If 200 is no shoot number then is 225 high enough to shoot? Just nervous. Can someone help please. Shot due in 17 mins

Jennifer R. likes this.
  2. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

Going to go ahead give him his dose and keep an eye on him. Don't want to back track.

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Are you able to test during the cycle? Do you have supplies?
    I do not use Prozinc but I have seen @MrWorfMen's Mom say not to shoot under 200. So 225 should be ok

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Get a +2 and see if the number is higher, the same or lower than the Preshot. I would also get some more tests during the cycle as well. Post and ask for help if you are concerned.

5. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

Yeah I'm off so will be testing through out the day. I did go ahead and gave him his shot was afraid if I didn't we would be back to square one. It seems you deviate just a little with him and it takes several days to get heading in the right direction. Have my hypo kit ready incase but hoping it won't go that far

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Good job! I think shooting was the right choice as long as you can monitor. Shooting a lower number when you're home gives. you the opportunity to see how Teal'c responds.

7. Juls and Billy

Juls and Billy Member

I'm a newbie too, so take what I say with a grain of salt. My Billy is on Prozinc too. The board gives us that "don't shoot below 200" so us newbies have a safety net. Folks who have worked with their cats long enough to have a feel for how they relate to insulin often pick a lower no-shoot number such as 150. It's great that you can get some extra tests on Teal today so you can see how he reacts, but you should be fine with that AMPS of 225.
    It can be scary to see those first lower numbers. I've so been there! But it looks like Teal is heading in the right direction. Good for Teal!

Patty & Teal'c likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.