? 24/08 - Djoko - pmps 203 +3; 101 AT2 values - help please

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marj & Djoko, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/17-08-djoko-amps-535-4-299-7-211.233751/#post-2613220

Sorry for the lack of data. He is wearing a libre and I have a concussion so I am not supposed to be online.

Djoko is low and because of his diet, I cannot give him medium carb. His diet is made of brown rice (does not digest as fast as white rice) and horse and veggies, etc. What could I give him to stop the slide? Maple syrup seems drastic but?

Thanks!
    I will arrange data when my head is clear.

2. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

Data is from AT2 on his ss for today.

3. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

I see @Bron and Sheba (GA) might be online? Tagging to see if they can help. I'm not able to stay unfortunately this evening :bighug:

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

A concussion? I’m so sorry. All I can suggest is to use the maple syrup if he gets too low. It’s a human meter so it’s not needed unless he drops under 50. How long can you stay up to monitor?

5. thebigfuzz

Do you happen to have any other tools in your lower number toolbox? I see MC is not an option.

You could try feeding a good snack if Djoko is willing to eat and test in an hour? Doesn't seem to be in syrup territory yet?

6. thebigfuzz

Oh hi @tiffmaxee! Cross posted!

Sorry I can't stay, I work at 6am tomorrow :eek:

7. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

I will stay up for sure althought I don't feel good. He was dropped one so 18.1 already so now he is in the 4. It is a pet meter for the 101.

8. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

He has dropped* 18 already.

9. tiffmaxee

So 68 is the number we dint want him under. Since you aren’t well maybe it’s best to give him the syrup even though it’s too early. The problem is it doesn’t last so long. How has he reacted to it in the past? Is your bf there to help you?

10. tiffmaxee

Hi. Sorry about the early work day.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  11. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

Yes bf is here. I've just fed him and will test soon. I need to give him his supplement via seringue. Do you think that could elevate his BG because he will be stressed out?

12. tiffmaxee

Unfortunately, I doubt it will effect his bg. So your bf can feed him a little each check. Then I would feed as normal unless he goes under 68. Then use the syrup. Maybe he won’t get that low. Or add just a drop or two to the syringe to keep him from sliding.

13. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

He shows low on the implant so we will test him with strips and AT2 and will give you the results. He has eaten a lot already. I hope he will keep eating. This is the second time in a week.

14. tiffmaxee

Feed small amounts rather than a lot at once. Worst case if he won’t eat yiu can rub syrup on his guns if he’s really low.

15. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

83 AT2, 58 human meter

16. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

he is still good. I hope he has hit his nadir. My bf will kill me and the cat !

17. tiffmaxee

He loves you both! How far in the cycle?

18. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

19. tiffmaxee

It’s a bit early for nadir. I hope he surfs there or a little higher.

20. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

I knew he was going to get low because he started to go down before the onset. Why does this happen sometimes? Each time he gets into hypo or close to it.

21. tiffmaxee

Close is fine. Remember with TR people shoot 50 (68) and above. It’s just hard on us, especially at night. Max often dropped at night. He’s actually in pancreas healing numbers right now.

22. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

But why sometimes there seems to be a double onset? I mean he has strated to go down at +1 and then at +1h45 (his onset time normally when he has an active cycle), it seems that there is double action. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe in couple days. He is still between 83-93. I will sleep 30 minutes and check on him and do it until he gets up. If he gets under 3.7 (68), will give him syrop. How much? Is it instantaneously?
    Thanks a lot!!!

23. tiffmaxee

If you give syrup it should bring him up in 20 minutes. You would need to keep checking to make sure he doesn’t drop down again. He needs to be 2 hours without food in 70’s or above before you can stop testing. After one hour without food and at a safe level test one hour later.

24. tiffmaxee

Since you aren’t feeling well it’s okay to start giving syrup now. With Max just a few drops worked. Don’t give more than a teaspoon. A combo of food and syrup is best.