? 24/3 Mauer +6 79, +7 65, +8 59, +9 50, +9.5 67, +11 56, +11.5 74 PMPS 68, +0.5 70

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SashaV, Mar 24, 2021.

1. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

and you are shhoting green with a smile! :D

SashaV likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

don't remind her. she may start bawling! :p

Deb & Wink, SashaV and Hercule's mum like this.
  5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

How absolutely wonderful for you! Good job on the 'shoot low to stay low' mantra! I hope you are doing your deep breathing - calming singing song.

Excellent!!!

Have a wonderful day!!

SashaV likes this.
  6. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Hahahaha LOL guys!
    I must say in the AM I don't mind shooting green, but PMPS I'm not exactly a happy camper :smuggrin:
    BUT I'm getting there! The pinks was awful, even the yellow is horrible now. And I see she's improving, or mostly her mood :D it makes it worth it. But I still don't like it :nailbiting:

Deb & Wink and Marina & Chico like this.
  7. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

$140 for one new meter and 1000 teststips.
    And it's working :nailbiting:
    It's reading a bit higher, but I'm supposed to close my eyes and disregard that, right?
    When should I switch?

Gosh I'm getting rich, saving so much money! The meter was expensive compared to my freestyle. The 1000 strips was $90
    And it can do ketones too! And much easier to read, and it has lights too!

Deb & Wink and Marina & Chico like this.
  8. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Jeez, that's a steal!!! good job for finding it :)

9. Hercule's mum

so what is the new meter?

10. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Wellion Leonardo. Do you know it?

11. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Maybe it's too cheap. I don't know :arghh:
    First is NEW.
    +3 135 - 142
    +4 119 - 110
    +5.5 67 - 81 - not the same blood drop.
    First reads is lower, then higher now lower?
    I'm repeating at +6.
    I hate that I fell in this trap.... :banghead::(

12. Marina & Chico

in my opinion the first 2 are the same. Once i measured 2 times one after the other with the same glucometer the first time i got 7.8 and the second a 8.4 ;) meter variance :D
    the 5.5 i wouldn't know what to say (even though i believe its the same as well) but i believe best is to compare trends from the same meter than compare values from 2 different meters...

im laughing and feeling sorry for you in the same time :D just rip the band aid off and stop using the expensive stripes :D :bighug:

Deb & Wink likes this.
  13. Hercule's mum

I don't know this one... it doesn't seem available in the Uk.

I wouldn't compare between meters. Is worthless. It seems like both are going up and down, so that is good! :)

If you want to feel more secure, you can either purchase a standard solution (so as long as it measures as in the standard you are fine); or you can poke yourself first thing in the morning. If you haven't eaten and you are helthy there should be very low variation in this number. Than you can meassure right after a meal, and it should go higher. As long as it does that it should be fine?.

14. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I feel the same way!
    And why the heck did I do that?! :banghead:
    It would have been easier to just switch :arghh:

No solution available. And I did do my own, 5.2 new meter, 4.7 old meter not eaten in 8-10 hours before.
    New meter 4.3, old 3.6. Big difference if you ask me......

15. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I'm breaking out the HC :banghead:

16. Hercule's mum

Oh wow! Mauer is really working this juice! how far in the cycle are you? Would tiny bit of honey be better, just to keep her from dipping?

17. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I'm an hour and 15 minutes from PMPS....

18. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

So she's going down, despite 1 full tablespoon of 19%, and a half tablespoon 30 minutes later.
    I'm not exactly comfortable shooting THIS low when she's not on her way up :oops:
    @tiffmaxee @Gill & George @Wendy&Neko

19. Hercule's mum

I'll let the experts advise you because I know lev works a bit different then what I am used to, especially towards the end of the cycle. However, given that she is above 50 and so far towards the end of the cycle I would try not to give anything so you could get a PMPS that is not food induced? of course if she goes down again, feed away!

20. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I haven't fed her since +9.5
    But it was a tiny food bump and didn't last long..... I don't think its a double dip...

21. Hercule's mum

well, she was mostly flat through the second part of the cycle...... Hope she goes up a bit, so you can feel confortable shooting

22. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

74 just now, no food

23. Hercule's mum

that seems a significant increase, no?

24. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Yeah? So perhaps it was a double dip?

25. Marina & Chico

you shot before a 58 so a 68 should be ok if you can monitor, no?

26. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

And back down.
    Meter variance my butt.......
    So I've fed her, and that was a mistake.
    Is this my first skip?

27. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Problem is she's not staying up.....

28. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

She just threw up a slime thingy. Lovely.......

29. Marina & Chico

did you check if she stays up with the 58? doesn't levemir's onset in 5 hours? of course it is your decision because you know mauer much better but i wouldn't want to lose the nice streak she has been going on

30. Marina & Chico

after eating? all the food?

31. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

After she ate. None of the food came up...
    That cycle was an AM cycle. Big difference in how willing I am to take chances...

32. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Up by two points.
    Food bump or real up on her own?
    I don't want to ruin the momentum we have going, neither do I want a hypo or nearby hypo.
    So... I could potentially shoot 2.25U usual dose, and then leave HC out? Will only ruin this cycle, not further as the dryfood did.
    Stupid thoughts?

33. Hercule's mum

I won't say anything Sasha. I feel like I am in a rut at the moment after a number of bad decisions....and none of us can read the future.... the PS number per se does not prevent you from shooting, but if you don't feel like you can stay up and monitor, then you better not.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  34. Hercule's mum

looks like you already shot... ignore the crazy lady over here :)

35. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

No I definitely won't! Two minds think better than one!

But I did shoot. And I didn't reduce either.
    Cause, 94 +0.75, I did feed and that was a mistake, but the two meters confused me. I saw the new meter saying 4.5 so I gave her the food, old meter came in at 3.8, and in that few seconds half the food was gone. I wouldn't mind shooting the 3.8 under normal circumstances but she did go up and down and up and down, and I wasn't sure she'd stay up, and ruined my chances of stalling. So my plan is, I'm keeping the momentum and then I'm free feeding 19% during the night, as I usually would with the 7% carb. I'm still going to test her as usual.

At the 0.75 I realized that I couldn't shoot one full hour late, as I will after Sunday anyway - day savings and all that... I have an appointment at the doctor's tomorrow at +1. Now this would be the new AMPS :banghead:
    So I'll shoot 10.30 tomorrow morning instead of the usual 10.00, and not moving the full hour at AMPS.

I hope this makes sense?:oops:
    Anyway, I've never skipped that I remember. I want to save my turn at skipping till later or never. Hopefully she'll stay in the safe range tonight. Or I'm going to keep the Americans company :eek::arghh:

So I appreciate your inputs Karen! Any day. I know I'm the one holding the syringe and the decisions is all mine.
    :bighug::bighug:

36. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Good job shooting! :woot::bighug: I know those low preshots are anxiety inducing but I always tell myself "shoot low to stay low." Lantus has never failed me when I shot a low number. <anti-jinx> You did great today, Sasha!

Marina & Chico likes this.
  37. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I'm not as scared of them, as I have been. But she fooled me today going up and down. And I definitely don't feel like being up all night o_O
    Thanks Katherine :bighug:
    Anti-jinx!! All over!

BTW who does ever feel like being up all night? I did before this journey but I could catch up later. Catching up on sleep now is a joke :D:D:D:rolleyes:

38. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Point was to keep the momentum, but ruin the cycle.
    Don't know if it makes any sense to anyone but me, or maybe it just won't work... I don't know. But I want to avoid dryfood if at all possible :D those pinks was yikes!

I'm doing the old meter until AMPS.
    Then perhaps @Bandit's Mom can and will help me do the thingy line bar showing a switch?
    I can't help it. Ive tried reading the help section of google sheets, and I can't even find out to get the times in the +1, +3 and so on. If there wasn't an back button my spreadsheet would be the biggest joke of this place :woot:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  39. Marina & Chico

Good job at shooting, we shot a 3.7 a few days ago as well and it is stressful as hell but you know the low preshot doesnt mean very low low. We are crossing our paws for you two tonight:bighug:

40. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I know I makes sense to shoot low to stay low :D
    I was just afraid the old juice wasn't done yet :woot:
    My lowest was 3.2. And I almost #¿@*$ myself. Cause that was the day FDMB was down half a day :eek:
    Talk about bad timing!
    I wish I had someone like you do. Just talking dosage in a situation like this.. I did, with my mom... not that she had anything clever to say, but then I got to think out loud :D
    I'll do a +1 and head of to bed.
    Are you moving the clock forward next Sunday too?

41. Marina & Chico

I was thinking that day when FDNB was down half a day kust have screwed up some people, sorry u where one of them

yeah, having someone to discuss the dosing with is very helpful, even these lows are important to have someone else to tell you its part of the process. Thats why this forum is sooooo cool, you can always ask someone other opinion.

Yeah, we move the clock as well, if we left it to me we would have shot Chico 2 hours too late (or early, i’m really bad at this) on Sunday :D luckily Denis jumped in and corrected my planning :D

i see +1 is relaxing for you :) hope the rest is not going to be too challenging

Im heading for bed now :) good night

42. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry I missed the drama earlier - been a day. :rolleyes::banghead: Glad to see you shot. Even if you did stall, you got some valuable info.

SashaV likes this.
  43. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Wasn't a true stall, when I fed her :oops:
    But why the up and down?
    Hope you're okay :bighug:

44. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Thanks for asking, just trying to dig myself out from the workload of having 2 98 year old parents at tax time.

45. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Oh, that sounds like a lot of work!:eek:
    Your parents is lucky to have you as their daughter :bighug: