? 24-7 Djoko amps 104 pmps 410 - pancreatitis - ketones 0.2

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marj & Djoko, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ooted-0-5-finger-crossed.249610/#post-2816244

Hello,

I have gone back to Djoko's old diet to see if his appetite would be better. he has been eating well for most days. Tonight, he vomited and had smelly orange diarrhea. He has not been high like that in so long (sorry for the SS - on holidays ) and his ketones are at 0.2. Never got that result.

I syringed him water. He is on gaba and Zofran.

When should I test ketones again (only have 2 strips left and it is 10h30PM here) and what is the thresold to bring him to the vet regarding ketones?

Thanks
    M

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

3. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

oui
    0.2 on freestyle meter

4. tiffmaxee

Ok. It’s not a worry. Will he eat?

5. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

last time he ate was this morning and then he slept. did not eat tonight. He is pretty stoned.

6. tiffmaxee

How long ago did you give zofran?

7. tiffmaxee

The gaba likely knocked him out and possibly took away his appetite.

8. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

ya. he stumbles a bit because of it

9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

If you can give him some zofran, if you haven’t already done so, and then get him to eat, that is important.
    Eating food is one of the things you can do to help prevent ketones forming. Also giving fluids and not skipping insulin doses.

If you only have 2 test strips left for the blood ketone meter, I would not use them again for 24 hours unless Djoko gets worse. The ketones are ok at the moment.
    Howeve if he gets worse overnight, you may need to take him to the vet as we don’t know what is the matter.

10. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

I
    I gave him 1mg of zofran. I should maybe give him more. his weight is 4.9kg. I gave him water by syringe.
    Normally, he eats within 12 hours. If he does not eat before noon tomorrow, I would take him to the vet. But it really looks like a pancreatitis flare up (vomit, orange diarrhea, high BG, etc.) I will monitor.

11. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

The formula for cats having zofran is 0.22mg per kg every 8 to 12 hours.
    So he is getting the correct amount. It can be repeated in 8 hours. I always found Sheba ate after having zofran in about 30 minutes most times.
    Can you try syringe feeding him?
    Offer him any food at all, to see if you can get him to eat.
    If he hasn’t eaten anything by morning, I would at least ring the vet.