25/01 Hercules Time for an increase?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hercule's mum, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Right. Feels like I have written this email a couple of times...but we are in the third after the last green sight on hercules SS. His numbers have come down, but I haven't seen a run of greens for a while.

Is it time to try an increase, what do you guys think?

His patterns continue to be wonky.... I have noticed that his PMPS tends to be more consistent, while AMPS vary much more. I wonder with the bouncing and bounce-braking cycles, whether I am missing some action on the PM cycle that is important? For example I don't quite get what happened last night? Did he go further down after his +7? I went to sleep afetr giving him a top up assuming he was close to rising again. But if it was a bounce breaking cycle maybe he continued to go low? Not sure what he is bouncing from today?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

The Amps is often tge last to come down although not the case with my cat. I would increase. I hope it brings lower numbers.

Hercule's mum likes this.
  3. Lina and Simba

Lina and Simba Member

Fingers & paws crossed Hercules sees more greens with an increase. :bighug:

4. Hercule's mum

Look like we are heading down again.... should I increase even if I see green numbers tonight?

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would increase, more insulin will also help get rid of those high numbers.

6. Hercule's mum

Thank you! I am a bit nervous that pushing on with the insulin, I will give more wind to the rebounds?
    I guess I will only figure out by trying....

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Since you're following TR and it's been 6 cycles I'd agree an increase is in order...let's give Herc a little nudge to get him to drop those higher numbers and spend more time in those nice low blues...and even do a little toe touching in the lagoon...

Just keep testing and if you notice any big drops - then start feeding medium carb to slow things down...don't let him get away from you on the dropping...if you can prevent him from dropping too low, you can deter those bounces...steer, steer, steer.

Could you please add AMPS to the title?

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/posting-guidelines-please-read.231511/