? 25/07, Ruddigar, pmps 316, amps 192 dosing advise please

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Colleen & Pantera, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Colleen & Pantera

Colleen & Pantera Member

Ruddy is on optisilun for over 14mths, he seems lower in the AMPS and much higher in PMPS. He doesn't live with me. We did a mini curve last weekend. What would be making his numbers rise at night?
    FF pate, feline naturals freeze dried and ziwipeak freeze dried
    Sometimes he has whiskas in jelly only. Any advise?
    Thank you
    Colleen
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...IdjyEhpz_E6Prtz6SbWufje931s/edit?usp=drivesdk

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'll tag @Bron and Sheba (GA) for you. I'm sorry but I can't make heads or tails of your SS. The US version seems to be out of date. There are no mid-cycle tests - mid-cycle tests are best for determining what the dosage should be.

I'm not sure why you're saying 'numbers are rising at night' when there are no tests to determine which way the numbers are actually going??? Pre-shots tests are often the highest of the day - so it's impossible to tell what effect the insulin is having.

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Colleen, long time no see!
    First of all what is optisilun? Do you mean optisulin? (Glargine)
    Is Ruddy living with your son now?
    The first thing that strikes me is there are hardly any tests apart from the preshot tests.
    Without those tests we are not able to tell you what is going on. It is good he is testing before all the shots, but unless we can see some sort of consistency with the mid cycle testing, it is impossible to know what is happening.
    Does your son work from home at the moment with the lockdown or does he work outside the home?
    If he could get some tests in during the pm cycles consistently that would help and then tests during the cycle on his days off. Is that possible?
    His diet seems fine. Is he getting any snacks during the cycles do you know?

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Colleen & Pantera

Colleen & Pantera Member

Hi Bron, yes a while.
    My other boy pantera was in remission for 1yr now fell out 3wks ago. Back on insulin. Sorry yes glargine optisulin. No snacks only whiskas if he is extra hungry. I got Aaron to test him on 28th and he had blue numbers. Aaron works from home but suffers very bad depression and anxiety and us in a dark place right now. He does the best he can, and sends me gis bg numbers morning and night. I can ask him to take a evening bg but Ruddy gets his insulin at 9am and 9pm he would only get a +3 after the pm shot otherwise he will probably be asleep. Do you mean bg reading after his pm shot? Cause that's the 9pm I mean. Thank you

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m sorry Pantera fell out of remission.
    I’m also very sorry Aaron is suffering from depression and anxiety. That is hard. You must be concerned.
    Getting a +3 at night after the PMPS would be very helpful if that possible.
    And any tests he could get during the day would also be great.
    Do you know if he gives him a snack during the cycles like at +3 or +4?
    A snack would be a tablespoon of food.
    Would it work if you took Ruddy back for a while to get him sorted out or would that be a bad idea?
    If. none of what I have suggested works, let’s go back to the drawing board and try and figure out something else.

6. Colleen & Pantera

Colleen & Pantera Member

Thank you I'll ask him about the snacks and no I can't take him as Aaron lives alone just him and Ruddy. Yes I worry constantly and my way of keeping track of them both is to get those twice a day readings. I couldn't sort Ruddy out even when he lived with me doing more frequent testing. I couldn't regulate him. He was 15.8 tonight's pmps 9pm. Thank you Bron