25/2 Mo - Unexpected Fructosamine results!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by katy and mo (GA), Feb 24, 2021.

1. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Yesterday

I have been out for most of the day but Mo has been doing well. He's eaten well too, which is great. I received a call from Pru tonight with Mo's Fructosamine results and he's 402! What the heck? I was not expecting that. Sooo he has good control? Why do his levels show he has good diabetes control but the last couple of days when I took his BG it was all over the place? Maybe my meter isn't reading correctly? I'll have to test my blood to make sure. But yeah, unexpected. I mean it's GREAT, but definitely unexpected! I will test him before his dinner tonight and see where he's at.

Last night we had some nice cuddles with Mo on the couch. It was soooooo niiiice! Tim said I had the biggest smile on my face the whole time :D

Hope you're having a great day!

2. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

I tested Mo's BG at PMPS and it was 428. I read that if you are getting lots of highs AND lows then the fructosamine can come back as a good level. So maybe Mo is bouncing a lot but we don't know because we haven't been testing? I'm going back to testing now. 2-3 times per day is what I will aim for. 4 times would be ideal but it just depends what Mo will let me do. I think he will tolerate 2-3 times as we get back into it :)

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad you are going to start testing so we can see what's really happening with Mo's blood sugar.

Yeah for cuddles!

katy and mo (GA) likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice on the cuddles. I hope Mo will let you get the tests in so you can get a clearer picture of what is going on with him. :bighug:

5. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

6. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

What you read is exactly right about highs and lows adding up to GOOD. I'm sending all kinds of strength for you to be able to test Mo and to find his nadir too - Be a good kitty Mo Mo baby. I don't know that cats would respond to, "it's for your own good" :blackeye:;)

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

They told me the same thing about Luci's 265 fructosamine result. That in my estimation is not 'well regulated' diabetes....and I have no idea where they get their measurements for 'regulation' or 'well controlled'. As you know, 400 is not a good number...we're all striving for numbers under 200 - for best renal health....so take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure your meter is just fine...just use it a little more so you can fill in the blanks and start to see the 'trends'...it's not the highs and lows...it's the overall picture, the trends from week to week, month to month...you can get a better feel for how Mo is doing overall when you have more tests at various times of day over a multitude of days...

Hang in there...I know you're doing your best for Mo in the face of much adversity. We're all rooting for you! :bighug::bighug:

8. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hi Katy great to hear Mo has been feeling better, and eating it's such a relief when they eat their Fuds.

I was just wondering if Mo has been tested for Hyperthyroid when he had all those blood tests?

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

10. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Hi Gill! Yes, he has and his thyroid has come back fine :)

Gill & George likes this.
  11. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay yay yay for cuddles!!!