? 26/11 Mo - AMPS 356, +3 281, +5.25 256, + 8.5 272, PMPS 380, +3 356 - Time to increase his dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by katy and mo (GA), Nov 25, 2020.

1. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

So yesterday was the first day in a while where Mo stayed in the 300s all day. Thankfully today he has given me a 281, yay! Hoping the new dose is finally taking effect. He seemed more perky when I got up from my nap.

He has also gotten better at letting us test him. My new trick is that I give him a small treat before AND after testing, I used to just give him one after. I let him sit there and eat the treat completely before I test him and give him some tickles. He seems to forgive me easier this way.

Cross your fingers for more yellows today and maybe even a blue??????

:bighug:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  2. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

We have had 3 yellows in a row today, I'm so happyyyyyyy!

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  3. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

I think Mo may be bouncing. I was surprised to see 380 at PMPS. I really hope that's just what it is. He's not acting differently or anything so hopefully he will come down tomorrow. Thoughts?

4. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yay! Mo made some progress today! Hope he comes down for you and shows you some blues.

katy and mo (GA) likes this.
  5. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

I'm very glad we saw some yellows today! I think he's bouncing from the 3 in a row so he was back in the 300s for his PMPS and +3 reading.

I'm wondering if anyone could give me advice on increasing tomorrow or should i wait till his bounce is over? We are on his 6th cycle and we haven't had any blues. Unless we get a low number tomorrow at AMPS should I increase to 4.5u?

6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I would increase at this point. They need what they need ...and it looks as if Mo could use a bit more juice to get those numbers down.

Looks like your testing and notes are good. I doubt that the new flavor of Ziwipeak is the cause of the numbers...as I glance at your SS I see the trends...and those trends - pinks and yellow aren't where we want Mo to be...

Time for an increase - take a look at Luci's SS - I made the same decision today - see if you can tell why.