27/12 Hercules PMPS 378 bouncing or depot cleaned? bouncing!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hercule's mum, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

previous thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...11-47-should-i-skip-dose.240355/#post-2704874

Hope evry one had a nice holiday, and that thier cats behave for a day! ;)

I know I need to wear my patient pants..... but....

Anyone has any suggestions what is happening with Hercs? On the 22nd he was diving with a 0.5U dose. But since then he had stay flat and high.

I have adapted my phone as a magnifying glass, and feel more confident that I am being more constant in my dose, and it is closer to 0.5 than to 0.25. I know per protocol I should stay here for a week, but I am wondering if he didn't actually earned a drop on the 22nd? and perhaps that day was the oddball out?

confused...

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I rather suspect Hercule is bouncing from that green on the 24th. It can take six cycles for a bounce to clear. Since you are following SLGS, stick to the same dose.

Isn't modern phone technology wonderful!

3. Hercule's mum

Thanks Wendy!

Yes! It saved me some money too!

4. Hercule's mum

Ha! You were right @Wendy&Neko !

Must confess I was sure it couldn't be a bounce for this long....Was really close to explode out of my patience pants and up his dose this morning....:oops: and almost fell from the chair when I saw 9.7 at PMPS :woot:.

Thank you so much for keeping me from doing uppng it! Let's see what this evening brings...

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

:cool::cool: Very nice PMPS.

Hercule's mum likes this.
  6. Hercule's mum

Argh! I so thought that things were going to be easier with Lantus! Or that the drops would be more gentle. But we got to 58 at +6....:blackeye:
    I should be happy is a reduction, but I just am quite worried I won't be able to deliver something so small consistently, or find him the right dose.

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

8. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi, I see that you've switched to a human meter but your SS still shows numbers below 68 as lime. If you will give me edit access to your SS, I can rectify that for you.

The 2021 tab is fine. Just the 2020 tab needs to be changed.

9. Hercule's mum

He is at 85 30 minutes later, after 25g of his normal LC food. Is this enough?

10. Hercule's mum

I noticed that @Bandit's Mom. We only have 3 days, perhaps I can do it coluring by hand to save you the work?
    So, does this means is not a reduction?

11. Bandit's Mom

Yes, he should start heading up. Could you test again in an hour without feeding him?

Hercule's mum likes this.
  12. Hercule's mum

I have benn using them, plus my phone to magnify... I still find super hard! maybe it will get better with more practice?

13. Hercule's mum

will do!

14. Bandit's Mom

Sure, I would probably have done the same things since its only a few days :)

Since you're following SLGS, you reduce for dips below 90. Is there a reason you aren't following TR?

15. Hercule's mum

Sorry @Bandit's Mom, I fell asleep after the +7....
    I was just trying to get some more experience under my nose before moving into TR. BUt also, I changed from prozing to Lantus because I need to go back to full time work, and on prozin we keep having these wild dives and never felt safe to leave him....

AMPS is 6! Probably shouldn't shoot, but really want to get to some consistency.... maybe try a 0.2U and keep an eye on him?

16. Bandit's Mom

AMPS is 6?!!! Your SS says 108. You can stall without feeding and test again in 20 minutes and see if he is headed up.

If you can monitor you can shoot. With SLGS, you would reduce to 0.25U today.

17. Hercule's mum

Sorry again! I am in the Uk and trying to get used to talk in US units...but I had very little sleep.. so it slipped.

Ok, I tried to go for half of what I have been giving on the calipers... and I'll monitor.

18. Bandit's Mom

No apologies needed! :) It was my mistake too. I should have paid more attention to your SS and seen the world tab and realized you were in the UK or EU. I was in a rush to respond to your message since you were waiting!

Go down to 0.25U. Do you have half unit syringes?

19. Hercule's mum

I do. I also have calipers. I'll do my best to give a consistent low dose

Bandit's Mom likes this.