272 already at +10 after vet visit...want to move up shot time anyway... should I?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jasper Blue and Jay, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

So he's already at 272 at +10 and he hasn't really eaten for a couple hours or more...

We have been wanting to move his shot time up a couple of hours...

Was going to do it gradually but...

If he is higher right now from the stress of the vet visit... do you think its safe to go ahead and dose 2 hours early?

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Good morning! So sorry we weren't around last night...I was already fast asleep when you posted (yeah I go to bed early). Looks like you shot at +11? Looks like that worked out fine. :)

Jasper Blue and Jay likes this.
  3. Jasper Blue and Jay

Thanks! Yeah it seems like it worked out well, I'm hoping these higher numbers are just from the stress of the vet yesterday and the annoying landscapers today and their obnoxiously loud machinery! lol ;)

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

SS is looking great, love seeing all those blues and greens, see, you can and did do it! So proud :bighug: it’s gets easier every day

I was worried in the beginning of Jaspers high numbers, bit you guys are doing a great job!

5. Jasper Blue and Jay

Thanks so much!

I cry every time he has a lower preshot number than usual lol

This meter announces the result so I have been just letting it do that while I tend to the little guys ear but lately Ive been glancing over and already tear up with tears of joy before she even finishes announcing it and my wife is like oh geez and has to look to see if I'm crying because it's very good or crying because it's very bad lol

The day after the vet visit we had landscapers out there for hours with their stupid loud machines! lol I felt so bad he didn't get to have a calm day after the stress of the vet visit.

The day after that his numbers were higher and it depressed me but I'm happy he seems to be back on track!

Thanks so much for checkin in ! :)

Bellasmom likes this.
  6. Bellasmom

Your welcome and I know it’s so overwhelming in the beginning but once you started the insulin the better it got!! Keep doing what your doing

7. Bellasmom

Just looked at ss and Jasper is looking awesome, again, great job!!