29/3 Mauer AMPS 166, +2 238, +4 191, +5 196

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SashaV, Mar 29, 2021.

1. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

2. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Nice day yesterday, she is close do 50s but not there yet, therefore she ahs some more time on this dose :)

Can i ask you why did you decide to feed her PM meal a 19%? if levemir onsets at approx. +5 only, maybe feeding her 19% closer to that time would be better :-? i just come with ideas, you know better her patterns and most importantly she is less sensitive to carbs then Chico so maybe your approach is better :-? how many % carbs did you feed at 5 and 5.5?

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers yesterday. I hope Mauer comes back down today.

SashaV likes this.
  4. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

She would have gone below if I hadn't intervened.

You got it wrong :D:D
    Her shot-meal is raw, then I feed 7% during the night. Since she dropped as she did, I gave 19% with honey..... and not just a drop. Or two. Or anything that resembles a drop :oops:
    But she isn't carb sensitive at all.... if you look at one of her first green days on Lev, you'll see she got HC in several cycles unknowingly. She didn't go high, and she didn't crash when I realized my mistake, and switched to LC.

It seems she needs the carbs and is surfing a lot better on carbs......
    And that makes me worried.. I can't get her up with drops of honey... I take a teaspoon and the wrong end of it, twirl it in the honey, and all that's sticking gets in her food. So when I say it takes a lot, I really do mean that it takes a lot :oops::rolleyes:

Marina & Chico likes this.
  5. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Thanks Carla. I hope so too :bighug:

6. Marina & Chico

i noticed her need for a lot of carbs in order to increase her BG a while ago, it is a bit trickier to manage her like this...

You did very well yesterday, she surfed nicely, went low (which means it's a good dose) but didnt go too low in order to have to decrease the dose :)

7. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I would probably have let it play out usually, but it was late and I got late to bed :oops:

I find it very odd that she needs so much carb and honey..
    I'm jealous of your drops :D:p

8. Marina & Chico

I agree it is very odd that she is not carbs sensitive at all, i have to admit that we have it much easier even in letting him drop because we know it doesn't take a lot of work to bring him back up.

ohh, trust me, we all have our stresses: i am nervous that today he is so high again and that he stopped having green preshots... we all have bugs in our heads that just don't let us relax :D:D

9. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Exactly... maybe I should make a custom TR for Mauer, taking into account that she's hard to get back up?

Are you using the vial instead of the pens?
    He's not high, he's flat so just wait :D:p