? 3/10 Missy -help with dosing TR with Long term Diabetic now using skinny/fat dosing under 1 unit

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by DanaB, Mar 10, 2021.

1. DanaB

DanaB Member

Missy has been back and forth with her 0.75-0.5 doses a few times this year so now i did a smaller then 0.25 reduction. I reduced because she dropped below 40. Then 36 hours later she dropped below 40 again. So i WAS planning on going from her fat 0.50 dose to a regular 0.5 dose for her next reduction, but i didnt think it would be so soon. Does this still seem like the right thing to do?
    Or should I drop a full 0.25 amount to a 0.25 fat dose?
    Or should i hold this dose for one more day?
    I am home all the time to watch and check. Also she was never had any hypo symptoms and does ok with low numbers.... but obviously i still take the low numbers very seriously.

Sorry my spreadsheet dosing is a bit confusing. I explain my dosing in the comments on line 41-43 (Feb 6-8).

2. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Hi! I cannot advise you with a dose, but am posting to bump the conversation to the top again. Hope someone with more experience comes to help!

DanaB likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

When you went to fat 0.5 the higher 0.75 was still active. I would do the normal 0.5 dose.

4. DanaB

DanaB Member

ok. thank you. I appreciate your advice. I wasnt sure about that because it was 36 hours later.

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Previous dose before reduction can be active for at least 4 cycles.

You will still need to monitor carefully because of it.

DanaB likes this.