? 3/10 Shadow AMPS 378 +9.25 157 +11.75 108

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christina Marie, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Christina Marie

Christina Marie Member

Shadow is at 11U Lantus. We just recently started Cabergoline and he has had 3 doses so far. The internist prescribed it to be given every 72 hours, but I've been giving it to him every 48 hours instead.

His AMPS was 378 and his +9.25 was 157 on a RelionPrime. That was the earliest midcycle I could get today. I gave him a snack after the +9.25 that he ended up vomiting up sometime while I was outside doing things.
    +11.75 is 108
    Stalling for 20 minutes and will check again.

2. Christina Marie

Christina Marie Member

102 after 20 minute stall
    Will test again in another 20

3. Christina Marie

Christina Marie Member

98 after 2nd 20 minute stall.
    He's currently begging to be fed at this point. Poor guy he seems to just be surfing here and not necessarily dropping. Should I be okay to go ahead and feed him and give him a half dose?

I'm unsure of what to do here because the Cabergoline is a new add on and I don't have any history with it to go off of

4. Christina Marie

Christina Marie Member

99 after 3rd stall. This time only 15 minutes. Gonna go ahead and feed him. He's so hungry he's upset. I also think I will go ahead and give 1/2 dose to hopefully pad the bounce I know is inevitable. Will keep eye on numbers every hour until I know he's in a safe spot

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry no one responded to you today. I was out all day too. Doing the half dose was a reasonable approach. Last time you saw a lower number than you are used to shooting, you did a third dose and he bounced right away. Looks like today's solution was a better one, though he'll probably be higher at AMPS. Eventually you'll gather enough data to be able to shoot full dose on lower numbers, provided you are home to monitor of course.

Cabergoline can take a while to start showing effect. The soonest I've seen is 10 days when given every day.