? 3/11 Alphyne AMPS 113 +10 384 (reduced dose?)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bobjoh, Mar 11, 2021.

1. bobjoh

bobjoh Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...hyne-dosing-looking-for-advice-please.244466/

So...new thread! Previous one was long!

Alphyne went below 90 today, so earned a dose decrease to 2.25U. But, she's only been on 2.5U for 5 days, and I messed it up by panicking and reducing her AM dose.

Do I go back to 2.5U, or use the reduced 2.25?

Starting my daylight savings shot change tonight, so thought I'd ask before shooting, as her numbers will obviously be high enough for a full dose. :banghead:

Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    Marina & Chico likes this.
  2. bobjoh

bobjoh Member

This was answered in the previous post, which got unintentionally long, and which I misunderstood (since I just started a 'new' dose). Thanks to all!! :bighug:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry about the bounce today. Good to see you shot the 2.25 units tonight.

bobjoh likes this.
  4. bobjoh

bobjoh Member

Thank you for the help! We will get there! Just need to get more comfortable with the numbers, and with both of them being so different! ;)

5. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Let's see how will the both do today, Alphyne on the new dose and Gryphen on the same as before :) maybe try to add to +2 a +5 or +6 for both cats (these are often the lowest values) and instead you can skip the +10.

bobjoh likes this.
  6. bobjoh

bobjoh Member

Yes...I'll try to get better numbers today. I only did the +10 since I 'remembered' to test at that time. I'd normally save that for a curve day! ;)

Luckily, I'm working from home now, so I have easier access when I need to test, but it's tougher when meetings pop up. Already being at home seems to make people think you have 24 hour availability! Boo!!

Plus, throw in the time change adjustments for the shots, and my schedule is all wonky right now! Ha!!

7. Marina & Chico

haha, i know the feeling

bobjoh likes this.
  8. Marina & Chico

Alphyne is doing great, hitting the green again :) Gryphen is doing very well as well, with nadirs under 150 :)

keep up the measurement, it is already clearer how they react to insulin, you are doing great :)

bobjoh likes this.
  9. bobjoh

bobjoh Member

I need to do better at testing after the PM shot, but I think that will even out after daylight savings. Too much movement right now. I need to do another curve, too...so will plan that for next week. Hopefully we will have all adjusted to the time change by then HA!!!

10. Marina & Chico

You are doing a great job :) the more numbers in that spreadsheet the clearer the picture but take it at a tempo that is doable for you :)

bobjoh likes this.
  11. Marina & Chico

Alphyne’s 329 this morning preshot might be a bounce because she saw a lower number than she is used to during the night but there is no sure way to know that for sure because there is no measurement in the night.

Gryphen seems to be bouncing less than Alphyne.

I am just telling this for you to see that these numbers are not all over the place, but they are usually part of the process :)

12. bobjoh

bobjoh Member

That is very good to know!!

I know I read that some cats seem to go lower at night, so I know I need to test more in the evening. Hopefully on a weekend (that's not daylight savings) so I can devote some extra hours to it.

;)