3/13 Shadoe amps 259

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Blue, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo

Yesterday's recap:
    284 - amps (14uL)
    254 - +1
    371 - pmps (14uL & 1.5uR)
    326 - +1
    223 - +2
    193 - +3
    218 - +4
    259 - today's amps (14L & 0.5R)
    194 - +1

Today is moving day, over to High Dose. So here we are.
    When walking against a very strong wind, and slanted forward extremely to be able to more forward, it is wise to keep in mind that the wind could stop at any second resulting in a fall, face first, into the ground.
    That being said, Shadoe seems to have hit some sort of plateau, or we are at/near her fitting dose on Lantus. Ironically, I am switching her over to Lev as soon as this last cart of Lantus is done. We have maybe 10days left thereabouts.

Presently, Shadoe's going through some sort of turmoil, but I don't know what.

Before her dx, and while she was first on Caninsulin, she had urine 'accidents' intermittently. Before dx were in all sorts of places, and after dx, they were mostly just in front of the LB, with the last being on Nov05/09. After starting on Lantus, I don't recall any, but in the last few days, she has had two, just in front of the LB.

Her appetite has gone way done from a few months ago, eating over 4 cans of fooding voraciously, down to 3 cans and then 2 cans, and now, the last week, there are some days that she eats very little from the auto feeder. Yesterday, an accident in front of the LB, and she ate maybe 1 can through the day and a bit of another in the evening.

Her numbers are finally looking better and stable at a lower level (touch wood). So after days of leaning forward and moving up a dose by 1u every 6 cycles, I am now staying at this dose, 14u, because with a bit of R, she gets down to good numbers. If I see a pink ps, I will go with a bit more R, but this morn, I gave less. She's sitting nicely with a high blue, so I hope to see her normal flat surf through the blue zone.

Now, that's how I see things, but Shadoe likely sees it all a bit differently. It does not seem that she is comfy with it all or there are other things going on.

Near the end of next week, we are doing an u/s to see what's up inside, and also making arrangements for a dental clean/fixerup soon after or when able to get it scheduled with the vet. I am very happy that the nice vet does all the dental stuff at Shadoe's vet office; she has been there for years, and is the one who helped my quickly when Shadoe had her p-titis attack in Jan. The young vet with whom I seem to be stuck for Shadoe knows nothing about teeth and said 'oh Dr Vihos does all of that stuff, so we will get her to schedule in Shadoe'. The young vet doesn't know much about FD either, so I have been educating her, starting with screaming that I wanted to have the IAA and IGF-1 tests done. I had to take them the info and tell them to call and make the arrangements. They now know that I can't be shooed out the door to be sure.

Her +2 is still a nice blue, so now we see if the Lantus does its part now and surfs. Shadoe's nice a purry after her test, had a bit to eat, then stretched out on her pillow for a nap.
    At the moment, life is good in Shadoeland.

2. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning Gayle
    Now that is a very nice start to the day. Blue already.
    This dose is looking good so far for Shadoe.
    How has her drinking water been? Is she drinking more that could cause the LB
    mishaps?
    I have been down that road with Max and figuring it out is really next to impossible.
    You know when they are so unregulated their food consumption is high.
    When the BG gets down, they need less food but still, 1 can seems a bit low
    for Shadoe.
    Looking forwad to seeing a nice blue streak for your girl today!!!

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 3/13 Shadoe amps 259 +5~119

Shadoe snuck in a couple green today, so it's a bit lower than where we aimed but she's back in her blue zone by +5, so it's OK again.
    Not sure what we'll do this eve, but we will see once we get her pmps.

For the water, I don't think she is drinking more water; I add water to most of her foods because I seldom see her at any water bowl. She does like the dripping tub faucet, but you can't measure that. Hopefully she is just adjusting and it was just a couple 'accidents'.

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Gayle!

what a nice surprise this morning!
    so pretty in green and blue

hoping to see u in LL cross posting your day today, it's ok, if u cant, just letting you know.

Keep it up Shadoe!! Nice day for mom ok? :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

5. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

6. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

A couple ideas about the "accidents" (I have lots of experience here :roll: :shock: )

-I reward with freeze dried chicken breast treats anytime I see him going IN the litter box.
    -I use Petzyme or the like , to clean the spots. It has "friendly" bacteria/ enymes which completely erases/eats the smell. Between him and the puppy, I went through gallons.... Lately were doing pretty good- he LOVES the chicken treats.

Have you had a urine culture lately? Vet called us today to report he had a bacterial bladder infection so we started a new antibiotic. Hope that was the cause of the 550 a few days ago.

Is her litter box difficult to get into/out of/high walled? If she has weakness, maybe try a flatter box. I struggle with this because my boys are sprayers.

Welcome to HD,
    You may find you will be a "dual citizen" (Levemir and HD ) :lol:

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Hi Nancy,
    I mentioned the accidents as they are intermittent/ non existent since she was dx.

I will mark them on her ss because they mean something. She has had no others since those two recently. The LB is in a place they like, out of the way, and easy to get in and out. I have a rubber back matt outside the front of the LB for just such accidents.

Had they continued, I would have gone to the vet for checkup, but whatever the cause was, it's passed now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.