3/15 - Alphyne AMPS @ 358 / + 2 @ 325

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bobjoh, Mar 15, 2023.

1. bobjoh

bobjoh Member

Hello all!

It's been a long time! Good new is both cats are still with me, and Gryphen is still in remission! Bad news is Alphyne still can't get to (even remotely) normal numbers.

I switched to a new vet who is supposed to be well versed in feline diabetes, but as you can see, nothing is working. (I know, I know...but I was hopeful.) So, I'm coming back to the message board where knowledge reigns supreme!!

At this point, she hasn't been in green for a LONG time. She has probably developed insulin resistance due to holding doses for too long, but the vet did mention Somogyi (but with no further direction on what to do). So, I guess her dose is either too high or too low. Shocking, I know. She was in blue a few days ago, but is now back to pinks. Her blue episode did resemble her previous crashes, though, in that they happed two in a row, and now no good numbers. (When she has crashed in the past, it's almost always been twice in a matter of days.)

We are still on SGLS, since she absolutely refuses to eat only wet food, and I'm tired of cleaning up cat vomit when she doesn't eat.

She drinks and pees a lot, but is in good spirits otherwise.

If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears. Back to square one, I guess. I learned my lesson. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023