3/17 CRYSTAL AMPS 133, +4 139, +7.5 95, +10 128 PMPS 142

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by suki & crystal (GA), Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

last condo

Yesterday Crystal's numbers were in the high blues, so today there is an improvement. Yesterday she spent several hours outside in the sunshine and today had a lie in the sun for about an hour, but has come in and is now in a deep sleep in her bed. Still sneezing and I think her nasal passage is closing up a bit, I can hear her breathing, not laboured but always there. There is also a discharge from her eyes, which I just wash away for her. Eating well but that's about it on the positive side. This acro sucks big time.:(

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Crystal is having better numbers today and got to enjoy some time outside. I hope her sneezing gets better. Sending prayers.

suki & crystal (GA) likes this.
  3. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Sending Hugs and Prayers to you and Crystal. So sorry the Acro is taking over. Take comfort in you are doing all that you can for her.

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Am glad Crystal is enjoying the sunshine.
    I agree acro is an awful disease
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. suki & crystal (GA)

140 @ AMPS, gave her 10uR. Nearly an hour late with shot this morning as overslept :banghead: they were all waiting for me in the kitchen, four very grumpy starving cats:rolleyes:

6. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Good numbers and good time in the sun. Perhaps the spring weather and pollen are to blame for some of the breathing, eye drainage, etc issues she's experiencing? The stridor is definitely a symptom of acro, but it could be even more aggravated due to environmental conditions. I don't have allergies, however was told when I moved south that I would eventually have them. Whatever has invaded my head these past 3 days may be due to sleeping with the window open and that lovely green surface on everything outside. Ugh! Before I can turn on the ceiling fan, I have to vac EVERYTHING ... AND Swiffer the walls... while I have no energy whatsoever. Sounds like Crystal and I are quite a pair! Hugs to you both.

7. suki & crystal (GA)

@Grayson & Lu , sorry you are suffering with Spring allergies Lu-Ann, hope they soon disappear. Unfortunately, I think all of Crystal's problems are acro related, she's looking in a very sorry state lately,poor baby. Just taking it a day at a time.

8. missMeows

missMeows Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that Crystal has seen better days. She sounds still happy and at peace which is all you can do.

I'm starting to hear louder and louder snores from kitty myself. Right now we laugh about it... It gets so it wakes me up at night! In fact, I recorded her one night and brought it in to show at work. Everyone found it adorable. At least they can be quite cute when they're acros :bighug:

9. suki & crystal (GA)

@missMeows , Hi Gabrielle, snoring is very common amongst acros but it's like Crystal is blowing bubbles in her nose as well, quite weird. Scritches to sweet Miss Meows.

10. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with Acro issues, but would putting her in a steamy room provide any relief from her sinus symptoms? Would an anti-histamine like Zyrtec help? I wish there was a simple fix. I know how hard it is to see your kitty be uncomfortable.

Sending lots of vines for Crystal and :bighug:s for you, Suki.

Grayson & Lu likes this.
  11. missMeows

Hmm that is a bit strange. Perhaps allergies? I second Tricia's thought on the steam. Scritches and purrs for Crystal too :cat:

12. suki & crystal (GA)

@Tricia & Cinco & Harvey , I hadn't thought of a steamy room Tricia but it's worth a try. She is due to have her claws clipped next Thursday so I will ask the vet what she thinks. Thanks for the vines and hugs, it means a lot.

13. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

I second that sentiment. Think it has started to hit Hyde's intestines....:(

14. missMeows

I'm sorry to hear that Anne :( What exactly does that entail though? I haven't heard about it effecting kitties intestines too...

15. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Actually, I think the Zyrtec (and steam) is a very good idea - I know the vet prescribed it for Peaches at one point... I never thought about it otherwise. Might be worth a try if there is a little congestion going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.