3/17 Jasmine. AMPS~121

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by flyingduster, Mar 16, 2019.

1. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

previous post

She was obviously not feeling good overnight, and dropped low. I even considered getting up in the night to check on her but then had to go settle the youngest and forgot about it again.

She is clearly rising now. I am letting her eat though because she didn’t eat much overnight and she’s hungry. I’m not sure if it’s the flavour or if it’s nausea making her not eat, but she’s scoffing this flavour so I’m just letting her.

With her eating again and rising, do I still shoot? Or skip and leave her to skyrocket through the day?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Did you feed between that +11 and AMPS? Just trying to figure out if the rise is due to food or the natural rise of the insulin.

With recent DKA, I would want to shoot.

3. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Yes I fed her at the +11. I know it can affect the AMPS, but in saying that ALWAYS feed her at that +11 and she rarely rises much, if at all by her AMPS. Often it’s a drop. I especially fed her because that was when I found at least two vomits and she still had food in the dish (normally she’s cleaned it up) and I was worried about her just being more nauseous with hunger.

It is now nearly an hour later than our usual shot time. I’ll go check her again.

4. Wendy&Neko

If she is up more, I would shoot if you will be able to monitor today.

5. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

153 at nearly +1 from her usual shot time. No shot has been made.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  6. Wendy&Neko

Can you monitor today? Do you think she will eat? If so, shoot. You can get back on schedule by 1/2 hour once a day or 15 minutes a shot.

7. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Hubby can monitor her today in theory. She is eating now but not great. She isn’t cleaning up her bowl.

8. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

I just tested her again, only 15 mins later (now 9:10, an hour ten later than usual) and she’s at 171 so she’s rising FAST and I’ve given her shot. Hubby can monitor her. I won’t be far away. I think she will be fine, just means mucking around to get her times back.

She ate a heap more just now too.

Gill & George and Wendy&Neko like this.
  9. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Sorry Jasmine's not feeling well, glad she came up a bit and you were able to shoot.