? 3/19 Biscuit 250 AMPS Seems to keep going up not down

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by ShannonandBiscuit, Mar 19, 2020.

1. ShannonandBiscuit

ShannonandBiscuit Member

Last Post

Well things have gotten strange for Biscuit. A month ago, we were down to 0.1u and trying to figure out how to get his preshot numbers to come down for an OTJ trial. Now a month later we have climbed back up to 0.5u and I'm wondering if I need to increase again. Does this follow any patterns others have experienced? Please review Biscuits SS and see if there is anything we need to do differently and also if we need to go up to 0.75 u as well. There was one green 2 days ago, but everything else has been high. I have a good understanding of how to manage reductions but not increases after reductions.

2. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Anything going on? All Ps in place? Appetite normal!
    How are his teeth and gums ?
    Are you testing for ketones? I see a DKA about 6 months ago. Numbers don’t need to be crazy high for ketones to form.

3. ShannonandBiscuit

ShannonandBiscuit Member

Nothing has changed. That’s what’s so weird. He’s eating fine, teeth as good as always. No ketones but thanks for the reminder to check. I always think of BG as needing to be over 300 for them... I just don’t know why we are going back up after having such good numbers. That’s why I wondered if others had experienced this too.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I have seen this before. Take a look at Libby's Lucy's SS. She got up to 4.25 units, headed down to 1 unit then had to head back up to 4.25 units before turning it around and eventually going OTJ. We've also had kitties fail an OTJ trial and have to go back up. Take a look at Zoot's SS. We all have paws crossed second time is the charm. She had to go back up to 1.5 units.

You have been hanging onto this dose too long. Time to try 0.75 units. You need to get Biscuit back into better numbers and start that pancreatic healing again.

ShannonandBiscuit likes this.
  5. ShannonandBiscuit

ShannonandBiscuit Member

what is the protocol for going up? How many cycles without a green?

Thanks alot for the info.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

TR says you hold a dose with green nadirs for 6-10 cycles. Since the greens you have been seeing are barely green, that leaves room for an increase.