3/19 Bix

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Joanna & Bix (GA), Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

+24 158 1u
    +6.5 68

I've been getting a late drop with him the past few shots so suspected I might be overshooting, dropped the dose a little more than I had been doing today & .... perfect nadir, yippee!!! It's confusing because a few days ago 1u was like shooting water for him. Shed is more full? (Even though I've only been shooting SID most days.) Some mystery flare-up (pancreatitis?!? he's never been diagnosed with it, but with IBD & FD guess it wouldn't be a shocker). Mr. P is working better now that there is more exogenous insulin to help out?

Well even if it's a mystery, I'm very happy to have better results today. :) He still hasn't played in a few weeks & his back legs are weaker than normal, but he looks and acts more normal & alert since I started shooting more. I'm thinking I may need to keep him more tightly regulated than I was, the running a little bit high thing with the occasional shot just doesn't seem to have worked for him. At least that's my theory, that this blip was because I let him go too long between shots, and run slightly high for too long. Only a theory though...

Have a nice weekend everyone! :mrgreen:

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

NICE nadir! :) I know that had to brighten your day. I hope he continues to feel even better and doesn't get all wonky before you are going to start your new job. One thing you can say about Bix, though, is he is pretty steady. We never really have to worry about drama from him, do we? :)

I didn't think PZI had a shed to build up, but I could be wrong. Perhaps the extra insulin is just letting his pancreas heal, or maybe he's just rallied and decided to make you happy. ;) Who knows with these kitties.

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice nadir, Bixie. I'm glad you were able to lower the dose too. I hope you have a great weekend.

And Sarah, I hope you're feeling better soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.