3/2 Minnie PMPS 492, +9.25 331

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Liz & Minnie, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-1-minnie-pmps-510-9-5-88-question-on-next-steps.243933/

Second morning in a row starting with green 88 @PMPS +9.5, jackpot if she does it again tomorrow! Still haven't recovered schedule from Saturday's stall so the PMPS is 2h after food and a pill pocket with Ondansetron - she's been finicky the last couple of days. Guessing the rise is either due to food and/or rising from the nadir around +10?

Any (easy) diabetic-friendly alternatives to pill pockets? Sticking them in her mouth is a no-go especially since all the poking started. I used to be able to clip claws but she's not having that from me now, either.

Have a good day! (though with time differences I guess it's nearly over for everyone else)

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Wow. Minnie really starts out her day at 349 and drops to 88 by the end of the day? That's Lev for ya, I guess. It's only 5:00 (almost) for me here... time to test and feed Mr. Darcy in a little while. Hope Minnie will be happy and healthy all day (and night).

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The dog version of pill pockets, allergy free duck are better for diabetics. There used to be cat versions make but they stopped making them. :banghead: Break off a piece of the larger pill pocket and use that. Or stuff it inside a piece of cooked meat.

Which meters are you catching those greens on? I must confess the multiple meters is making it hard to follow the spreadsheet.

The rise in numbers is probably from a bounce - either from her dropping lower than used to and/or a steep drop. Black to green is going to be a big drop. Good girl on waking you up though. It does show you that just because they have a higher preshot, doesn't mean they aren't seeing lower numbers that cycle.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  4. Liz & Minnie

The greens are with the AT meter and AT strip which is currently my primary monitor but I've lost faith in it after the 40 on Saturday. Now I'm only using either the Petsure strip or Novamax when I want to doublecheckx. In between monitoring Minnie's numbers I am also monitoring tracking numbers of the Freestyle Lite and strips, even created another spreadsheet! Monitor won't be here til end of the week.

I'm giving her ear a bit of a rest today, they're pretty beat up.

Thanks on the pill pocket tip!

5. Liz & Minnie

Boo. AMPS 349, +7.5 411, +9.75 343. PMPS 492, +9.25 331. Will try to get more accurate with food measurements.

In other news, looks like the Freestyle Lite should arrive by end of day today. First box of strips came yesterday.

Bandit's Mom likes this.