? 3/21/2021 Kierra - Harbor Freight 4" digital caliper malfunctioning

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Diane and Kierra, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Diane and Kierra

Diane and Kierra Member

I bought a plastic 6" caliper at the local Harbor Freight store since they didn't carry the 4" caliper. It doesn't have a way to lock in a measurement and I am tired of dialing in the measurement for every shot so I ordered their 4" caliper which has a locking nut. It took forever to arrive (and only after I asked to cancel my order if it wasn't shipped soon). It is not working right. The numbers randomly change and I can only get it to the correct measurement once in a while. It keeps randomly adding more numbers so the measurement is wrong most of the time. I even tried replacing the battery and it still malfunctioned. Anyone else have this problem with their 4" calipers? I am going to return it and am wondering if I should ask for a full refund or a replacement. :mad:

edit - The 4" caliper turns on by itself whenever I move the sliding mechanism. Do the 4" calipers do that? The plastic 6" caliper only turns on when I press the on/off button.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’d ask for a replacement. Mine worked just fine.

3. Diane and Kierra

Diane and Kierra Member

Does yours turn on by itself when you slide it or do you have to turn it on?

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I had to turn tgem on.

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Bandit's Mom likes this.